What kind of gifts do girls like to receive on their birthdays?

Any ideas? I'm a guy(24) trying to get something for my girl(22)

we've been together 3 years, so i'm not sure what to get her, since i've given her a lot of gifts already in the past 3 years....(valentines,Birthday,xmas,anniversary etc.)

Jewelry seems boring. I've gotten her necklaces. Haven't gotten her a ring, was thinking of a ring, Not an engagement ring but a nice one to show her i love her, is that a bad idea? would that ruin things??? because i was thinking of getting her an actual engagement ring on Valentines Day. I don't know, maybe that's too much for a birthday. Clothes, concert, what??

I love getting things to pamper myself....bath items, such as scented body scrubs, candles, bubbles....

Also a great idea is a gift certificate to a day spa, to get a facial, manicure, massage.

Originally posted by LadyX

I love getting things to pamper myself....bath items, such as scented body scrubs, candles, bubbles....

Also a great idea is a gift certificate to a day spa, to get a facial, manicure, massage.

I agree. Those are my favorites also.

My boyfriend for my 17th birthday (we had been going out 8 months) He got me a gold ring with my real birthstone, which is an opal and is hard to get nice looking jewelry with it....with an opal and his birthstone, two diamonds on the sides...

I know that this is jewelry, but it is a ring, you could get a ring with her birthstone in it...I din't even know that my boyfriend even knew what my birthstone is...so I hope that helps

Ooohh a day at the spa.. only if your girl is really a girly-girl she would love that!, but I don't know if that is really "special" but if you aren't going the romantic angle...SPA is a good idea.

A ring is nice, just be sure you know what size she wears or find a reputable jeweler who will help size it for her or let her trade it in for the size she wears. However, if it's just a friendship or promise ring, be sure to keep it simple (like a birthstone or a ring with the design in or on the band itself). Otherwise she might think you're proposing marriage. James Avery, a silversmith from Texas, has some wonderful selections. They're based out of Kerrville and offer a catalogue. (I don't think they've got an online website at this point, but I could be wrong).

If you know that she won't be offended by it, look into a gift certificate or two for her. My favorites have been Christmas presents to Barnes & Noble, the Bath & Body Shop and to Hastings, where I could use my gift card to rent movies. They don't have to be for an ungodly amount, either -- a $5 one here and a $10 one there will give her a bit of variety, and it can help make the difference when she finds something she really wants, but doesn't have enough cash to purchase it.

Great suggestion by LadyX!

My partner gave me a day at the spa for my birthday. He drove me there and waited for me the entire day. Even sat in the chair beside me and got a pedicure too!

Yep...he had the all the ladies in the spa giggling and swooning. Then again, maybe it was just the smell of his big hairy toes??

Anyway, it was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for me. Use that one, and you'll earn brownie points BIG TIME!! :love:

HokeyReligions

Maybe instead of an elaborate gift, you could DO something for her. Cook her dinner - go to a chick-flick, hand her the TV remote and let her be in charge! Give her flowers or hide a small gift or three and make a game of finding them. Take her dog for a walk, massage her feet, be creative!

I think jewelry always tops- it's something you wear daily and can cherish...if you do choose a ring, put it in a different box- otherwise, she may think it's an engagement and get upset when it just a ring :)

I had a guy give me a long leather coat for christmas- one of my favorite gifts, it was more of a splurge than i ever would have spent on myself...

be sure to throw in some flowers as a side!

I'm with Hokey - something nice done for her can be just as good as a costly gift. I guess I'd like a spa date, too but if it were me, at least on my birthday I'd want to spend time with my guy. If the spa gift is given for a later time, that would be cool but that leaves a gap on the birthday itself.

The spa thing is a good idea, but ya know, sometimes the greatest gifts cost the least.

For valentines day last year, my hubby did something soooo sweet for me. He told me to meet him at the park at a certain time....we just meet there sometimes when we were bored or just to talk or whatever. So I really didn't think he had anything planned. When I got there, he had a picnic set up with a dozen roses and a bottle of champagne...it was so incredibly sweet. It overlooked the river and we watched the sun go down and sipped champagne as we ate...it was incredible. That's also the place where he proposed to me a year or two before..so I thought that was so sweet. :love:

you might wanna do something like that for her.

Jamie - that sounds awesome! That's the good thing about living in a small rural area like yours. Living in a huge crowded town, there aren't places like that where you can go to have your privacy. It sounds very pretty.