Question for you men...

OK so I need to get to the essence of this… would you guys leave your girl for this? My ex basically left me to go be a pot growing hippie. His cousin owns a medical marijuana dispensary in OR. Most guys I talk to say that they would love to have a job like that and they can understand the allure of choosing this line of work. Most girls I talk to say that they wouldn’t want to be involved with someone who does risky work like that. I am of the opinion that if my ex truly loved me he would not have left me period. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against pot or pot smoking, and in fact I believe in medical marijuana dispensaries because they do legitimately help a lot of people. My exe’s plan was to go to OR, work with his cousin growing pot and in a couple of years save enough money to open his own business, we could have a family out there etc…. However it is a legally grey area to work in and everything you built and worked for could at any moment be taken by the feds (not to mention jail time!), so no, I wouldn’t want to be a direct supplier. I’m happy just being a consumer! Hence, why joining my ex on such a venture was not really an option for me (back when we were still together).

My question is this, and I'm asking men specifically because I think they are more risk takers then women generally are: as enticing as this lifestyle sounds, would you men choose this over staying with your first true love? (I know my ex still loves me very much but he is doing what he believes is best for him right now). I mean, talk about leaving for GIGS! I can’t help but be a little resentful, and now everytime I partake in pot I think about it and it ends up messing with my head. Dammit! :mad:

OK so I need to get to the essence of this… would you guys leave your girl for this? My ex basically left me to go be a pot growing hippie. His cousin owns a medical marijuana dispensary in OR. Most guys I talk to say that they would love to have a job like that and they can understand the allure of choosing this line of work. Most girls I talk to say that they wouldn’t want to be involved with someone who does risky work like that. I am of the opinion that if my ex truly loved me he would not have left me period. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against pot or pot smoking, and in fact I believe in medical marijuana dispensaries because they do legitimately help a lot of people. My exe’s plan was to go to OR, work with his cousin growing pot and in a couple of years save enough money to open his own business, we could have a family out there etc…. However it is a legally grey area to work in and everything you built and worked for could at any moment be taken by the feds (not to mention jail time!), so no, I wouldn’t want to be a direct supplier. I’m happy just being a consumer! Hence, why joining my ex on such a venture was not really an option for me (back when we were still together).

My question is this, and I'm asking men specifically because I think they are more risk takers then women generally are: as enticing as this lifestyle sounds, would you men choose this over staying with your first true love? (I know my ex still loves me very much but he is doing what he believes is best for him right now). I mean, talk about leaving for GIGS! I can’t help but be a little resentful, and now everytime I partake in pot I think about it and it ends up messing with my head. Dammit! :mad:

If this is a serious post, I'd say that no, he doesn't love you still. He may not have ever loved you. Sorry to be harsh, but him leaving you to go work on a pot farm doesn't sound like he's got a ton going for him in the first place, nor does it sound like he really cared about you or the relationship.

He did you a favor... You're now free to date other people :)

• Author

Thank you tman666. Yes this seriously happened to me. I do agree with you that he does not have too much going for him, but thats because he never really apllied himself. He is very smart, unfortunately he feels like this is the best thing for him. I guess he did do me a favor... everyone keeps telling me its for the best. I just hate to think I was dumped for pot! ... cant help but laugh at how ridiculous this sounds! lol! but its the sad truth.