Cant get over sociopath ex

Hello,

Thank you for reading my story. I am a divorced, mother of two little girls, have a business, and was leading a normal life. After i divorced my husband, i didnt date anyone for 5 years and just concentrated on raising my kids and developing my business.

I met a man who was very charming, witty, and just sexy. A real biker bad boy from NY, -- the exact type i am not suppose to be with.

Being a New Yorker myself, we had a lot in common and had a great time together. We had chemistry and awesome sex.

However, there were things that didnt feel right but i ignored them. To make a long story short, after reserching his hot/cold behavior, jeckell/hyde personality, shallow emotions, no remorse attitude,ect... i realized that he has all the characteristics of a sociopath. He devalued and discarded me. I have been through a nightmare from hell and could not function. I didnt understand how a loving man could simply dismiss me.

I have met another man who is very nice to me and i am dating. However, i cant get my ex out of my system. I feel so sad.

OK, first question, how long has it been since you and your ex broke up?

Just because he doesn't seem to be bothered by the fact that you guys are no longer, it does not mean you don't have feelings that will still make you sad.

My ex wife and I were together for 11 years all together, married for almost 7, and it took me close to 5 years to get over her. We are friends now, and honestly, better now than we were then. But it still hurt me for close to five years, and sometimes it takes a long time to let go of the past for some of us.

I think you should give yourself more time, learn to let go of the past, but don't kick yourself because you didn't wake up one day and he was out of your heart and mind.