Is she interested? I'm not sure :(

TheManFromBelow

Hello guys, - - PLEASE READ THIS, YOUR HELP IS CRITICALLY NEEDED.....

Greetings from London, England!

I am having a huge problem that I need help with.

So, I am studying here in England, and last week I was out on a night out and got talking to a girl. Long story short - we got on like a house on fire and she came back to my place. We had sex and the next morning she left as she had to go to University.

I text her later that night asking did she make it to school. She text back three hours later....I text back straight away, then she text back an hour later!...I decided to wait until the morning to text her back. So in the morning, I text her back (answering the questions etc that she asked me and asking was she going to school now etc).....BUT I heard absolutely nothing back from her.

I was taken aback by this - like, no text at all back from her:confused:

Anyway, two days after that (Thursday) I decided to give her a call...but it went to voicemail, so I left a voicemail saying "Hi [name], Paul here, I was just ringing to say hello and see how you are doing, well anyway give me a text or a call back when you get the chance".

.....anyway, about three hours later I got an SMS from here...where she said that she was in work when I called, and asked how I was and how my day was. I texted back, and we texted back and forth again.....BUT the exact same thing happened -- just out of the blue she stopped replying to me ??

Anyway, I don't know what to do about this....I really like this girl, we had so much fun together and I would love to go on a date with her.....but would it be desperate of me if I tried to contact her again?

...Like, it seems that she is not interested in me, because she just stopped texting out of the blue - does that assessment make sense to you?

Some friends have suggested that I leave it for maybe 3 or 4 days and then text her again and ask her out... But I don't know what to do...I do not want to seem desperate/clingy.

I dont understand why she did not text me back....ON TWO OCCASIONS!

Anyway, I really hope you can help here and I would really appreciate any input you can give...please help me with this, my goddamn head is all over the place because of this situation!

Thank you:)

Being 100% honest I would only do that to a guy I wasn't that interested in. If I were you I would leave it up to her to make the next contact as the ball is in her court now, she clearly knows you're interested. Hope this helps...

• Author
TheManFromBelow
Being 100% honest I would only do that to a guy I wasn't that interested in. If I were you I would leave it up to her to make the next contact as the ball is in her court now, she clearly knows you're interested. Hope this helps...

:(

This is going to be so difficult.... I have a feeling that she won't get in contact. Damnit, I really like this girl.

You could maybe bite the bullet, leave it a couple of days, and then call her, and ask her out for a drink? Least you'll know the answer:) I know i don't answer texts sometimes when i'm busy. Not being rude, just forget someone texted earlier:)

Good luck:)

Text messages are a horrible way of communicating in the beginning stages of dating. You have the temptation to analyze the heck of the situation if you don't recieve a text right away.

I agree with the holding off contacting her for 3 or 4 days. Give her some space. If she is interested then she will either call you or text (she does sound like a "texter" though, some people just are). If she does text you, then I would call her and ask her out, NOT text. If it goes to her voicemail and you do not hear back from her, then I would take that as a sign that she is no longer interested in you.

I'm going to be the bad news in this little story, but I feel that maybe there's a chance it was just about the sex. I mean, you just met her and ended up in bed straight away. Not much getting to know her, or her getting to know you. Just a night out and then wham bam! So maybe, just maybe she wasn't really after a relationship, more companionship for that night.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but see it from her view point: she met someone who she was attracted to and I'm betting alcohol may have been involved (not saying you were both drunk or anything, but definitely merry). Whatever her background or whatever's going on in her life, at that moment she wanted to be with you. So it happened. Okay, she contacted you a few times as there is a good chance she's tempted to see you again, but you have to remember that you two haven't just got to know each other and are struggling to get to first base here - you're way past that.. hell the games already been won!

Now, to put a positive spin on this: as she's texted you a few times I'd say she is tempted to see you again, but for what I wouldn't like to say. Maybe she would like to get you know you better, or maybe she wants a repeat of the previous night. Either way, you must play this cool and not expect her to keep in touch. I'd say she's testing the water and seeing how keen you are - so if you reply too much or chase too hard, it will scare her off. Chase too little and she'll feel hurt and give up. Try to mimic her responses; if she leaves it a while before replying, you leave it a while too. If she texts straight back, you text straight back. If her replies are subtle and innocent, you do the same. Don't worry if she doesn't reply back, and don't go sending her loads of texts asking where she is...

You really like this girl, but even though you slept with her, you don't know her, so for now just try to play it cool. I'd hate to see another soul get emotionally injured (there's enough on here already).