Do you think she likes me?

I know that the only way I will know is to ask her, but I was wondering if it would be possible to tell from the following if she may like me back.

During a conversation I had with her yesterday, she seemed a little nervous... she would smile back at me, looking into my eyes, laugh a little even if it wasn't funny (i didn't tell any jokes). When I first said hello to her and she said hi back, I kinda froze for a second. I know for a fact my face blushed when I smiled at her... I'm a shy guy... LOL After my face got red, she smiled and had a little laugh.

This took place in my college library:

Me: "Heyyy..." "How are you?"

Girl: "goooooooood."

Me: smile... pause... I can feel my face turning red... lol i'm shy

Me: "How was you day?"

Girl: *smiles, looks away for a second, "Ahhumm.... it's going pretty good...yahh..." **SHE SAID THIS VERY SLOWLY AND SOUNDED NERVOUS.

Me: "That's good!" "Hey what are you studying there...?"

Girl: "Chemistry... my final is on Monday."

Me: "Ahh... haha.."

Girl: "Did you start studying for finals?"

Me: "Yahhh... lol"

Girl: "By the way, thank you for the candy gram!!"

Me: *pause* .... you're welcome.

Me: "Well I gotta go print something out. I will talk to you later."

Girl: "OH okay see you later."

While she was speaking, she would smile, laugh/giggle a little like she was drunk, her eyes seemed to light up, she was showing her teeth a little too.

I've seen her talk to other people, including guys, and she doesn't seem to speak to them in the tone she does with me... is that cause she's flirting or not?

What do you think? I asked her out before and she couldn't make it for a legit reason. When I asked her out, her original response was "it was sweet of me to ask her and she would love to go."

She knows you like her. That could explain her nervousness.

I also sense a "but" in the response to the first time you asked her out.

Nonetheless, I suggest asking her out again and if she says no or makes another excuse, then I'd call it quits and move on. It may be that she just likes you as a friend and doesn't want to pursue a relationship with you. In which case, you need to accept this.

• Author
She knows you like her. That could explain her nervousness.

I also sense a "but" in the response to the first time you asked her out.

Nonetheless, I suggest asking her out again and if she says no or makes another excuse, then I'd call it quits and move on. It may be that she just likes you as a friend and doesn't want to pursue a relationship with you. In which case, you need to accept this.

Second guessing?

I know that she is friends with guys around campus at my school, but I don't sense that she "likes" them if you know what I mean.

Rather than analyse the situation further and for clarity, you can go ahead and ask her out a second time and then just take that answer as her definitive answer.

If she says yes, then you know she's definitely interested in some way. If she says no, or is non-committal then I'd say she's not interested enough and you need to move on.