saying it out loud?

do you guys think that it's necessary to verbally express appreciation of friends/family/SO's? not just being supportive and praising them, but actually saying "i thank you for everything you do for me, i cannot express how happy i am to have you in my life, yada yada".

i personally think these verbal soap-opera breaks are totally unnecessary b/c if you really care about someone, the person will FEEL it - by the way you treat them, by the way you communicate with them, etc.

whaddyasay? :)

-yes

I definitely agree that actions speak louder than words, and I much prefer a person SHOW me appreciation, than tell me but not really mean it!!!

Although, some people like to hear it too, so I sometimes I do express it verbally too. I always like to make sure that the person know that I appreciate them, cos I think it is very important to acknowledge someone who has been there for you where so many others could have but didn’t. I try to keep a balance of both.

~PurpleAngel~

:bunny:

2SidestoStories
not just being supportive and praising them, but actually saying "i thank you for everything you do for me, i cannot express how happy i am to have you in my life, yada yada".

Not so sarcastically, mind you...

I agree with Angel...I like to be told, but like I've been saying to my ex: experiences are what give words meaning. ie: He claims he would tell me on a regular basis that he loved/appreciated/etc. me, but then would turn around and ignore me, then wonder the next moment why I was upset, which would then turn into him berating me for being "overemotional and overly sensitive." Fun, eh?

I think for some ppl, just hearing the words is enough, but those ppl may be appreciators of ambiguity, which I for one am not.