A crush on a doctor? But does he like me as a friend. What guys think...

My twin sister has got a crush on my relative's doctor mainly bcz he is a great doctor, he knows what he says and he is very kind and understanding even oustide of his realm. He has given her green signal to go and talk to him even if he is busy. He says she can disturb him for any help that she wants.

His eyes sort of twinkle at me as I think he mistakes me for her at times. And he smiles beautifully. He always texts her back on stuff without fails very nicely. So she likes him. Well, yeah girls don't need too many reasons to like a guy.:love:

But I don't think he is in to her. He has never contacted her own his own. But he is weird at times. He would not give her any attention if he is with friends and talks to her more when they are alone. So I am not sure if he is hiding his liking.:confused:

Yet, both of us have got a feeling that he likes her in some sort of way. But I reminded her that he might come across hundreds like her in a day and she might not be any special to him. Also, he might be committed and he might not like to date anybody other than a :rolleyes: doctor.

She says men especially busy doctors wouldn't give their personal numbers or text unless they like somebody or have confidence in them. So I don't know.

Any advice for my twin is welcome.

I am myself lovestuck so I can't help her much. LOL.

My ex'es nephew is an emergency room physician. I watched him go through medical school, internship and residency. I see the kind of personality a doctor must have to 'make it' to practicing as a MD.

If this guy 'likes' someone, they will be dating if she's amenable. He won't just sit around and play games. Doctors are go-getters. It's in their nature. It's how they have gotten to where they are professionally.

I've known enough RN's (women) to know they're exactly the same way. No ambiguity.

My opinion is, if he doesn't directly ask her out, he's either committed to someone else or not interested romantically. I wouldn't wait around....

69 views and nobody thought it worthy of a reply?

I think the problem is that it's a tough call. If he has given her his number and told her it's ok to call whenever, that is a BIG positive, but if he has made no other move and does not give her more attention in mixed company that's a BIG neutral. Difficult call. All I can say is if your sister IS interested looks like she will have to put herself on the line and just ask him.

• Author
breadnbutter
My ex'es nephew is an emergency room physician. I watched him go through medical school, internship and residency.... not interested romantically. I wouldn't wait around....

Even I think doctors are straight forward. They may not think twice a coversation or a simple decision that is not medical.

I think the problem is that it's a tough call. If he has given her his number and told her it's ok to call whenever, that is a BIG positive,IS interested looks like she will have to put herself on the line and just ask him.

I have the same concern. I don't know if he is being very kind and compassionate with her. Yet, if you look at the guy he is quite straight and well mannered also he has shown special interest in her. He always tects her bacl without fails and appologizes on delay from his part. Looks like she send him a hi and did not reply.

I never ask her to ask him which is too risky going to the extent spoiling her relnshp with him. He is a nice person and it is always great to have a nice doctor in touch.

What if she waits a lil more? What signs should she look for or even send?

Confused!:confused:

I'm guessing that IF she does want more she will HAVE to put herself on the line and do the asking, but from what you have said about the guy I also reckon that if you have got it wrong and he is just being nice then it WON'T spoil the relationship, he will probably be able to laugh and joke it off, so I wouldn't let that stop me if I was her.

Question is though, does she WANT to take the relationship further ?

• Author
breadnbutter
Question is though, does she WANT to take the relationship further ?

I don't know. Guess she wants to wait and see what happens.