do you tell the ppl you date that you go on this website for help?

My husband knows I go on this website....he thinks I am obsessed with it!! HA HA!! But he thinks it's hilarious when I get in arguments with people!!! HA HA!!

I think it's best not to tell the people you date where you get romance advice from...or that you get it at all. It's best if they think you're just naturally a love genius.

Student Nurse Jamie is married and her husband knows she comes here. I think it's nice to share that sort of information with your spouse.

:) My partner visits the shack all the time! He use to post...but found it somewhat depressing! (can make one paranoid if you spend too much time here ;) )

Of course, if I ever have a problem, I'm afraid I'll have to log on under disguise. Might be fun coming up with another name he won't recognize...not to mention a new aviator!

My boyfriend knows I read and post to this site all the time. I have even let him read a lot of things that I have posted here. I have nothing to hide from him.

i agree to not keep secrets...but this is where i come to spill out my problems and some of the things, like pointing out what irritates me about whatever guy i date, could really bother this guy i am dating now. he knows most but what if he were to read something that might hurt him. and what if he were to scan back and see all the posts i have posted in in the past, maybe it would hurt him to read em?

who knows....i wish i could share this site, but then again, i would have no where else to go but friends and i want more opinions than just my friends opinions. make sense?

Yup, I understand what you are saying Jalexy and you have a valid point there. I wouldn't recommend that everyone share this site with their SO for the reasons that you just stated.

However, in my case, I mostly post to this site in response to other people's problems. I think I have posted about relationship problems with other guys 3 times on here. He knows about all that anyway and I have showed him those posts. He's the best thing that ever happened to me and I only rave about him on here.

Hey, if we ever encounter any serious problems that I need to vent out on here, maybe I'll have a change of heart and not want him to read it. You never know...

I think it would be nice to read responses from "couples" who are currently in relationships with each other. Particularly from those who have been together for a long time. Might be nice to learn, from both perspectives, how they continue to communicate with each other and keep their relationship going.

And I applaud Paul and all the members of this site for their continued dedication and loyalty. It has provided my partner and I some very interesting topics for conversation and provided a good "starting point" to share perspectives, opinions and ideas while opening the lines for more intimate communication.

Of course, if two people are big "talkers" like us, there is never a lack for things to discuss and/or debate!! ;)

My boyfriend knows that I have been going on the internet for advice but he does not know the specific websites that I go to. He knows that the reason I look towards the internet for advice is b/c it helps to hear from people that have been through the same things or are in the same situation. I have written mostly about his having a baby with another woman which I can talk to my friends about to no end but it's hard for them to relate b/c they aren't and never have been in this situation. I think it's good for people to get advice on their problems, questions, fears, etc. than to keep things all bottled up and the more ways for people to do this, the better.

Dazed and Confused

No, I do not tell my boyfriend about this site. Just because I know he'll think that it's ridiculous. And I like to resort to this site for opinions because I don't really trust all my friends with the information I typed on this site. I don't want the content to somehow go back to my boyfriend. I don't think it's wrong to keep it away from him, after all, everyone deserves a piece of privacy.

My fiance knows that I read and post on this forum, but, being he doesn't know what a forum is (computer illiterate), I can't say he fully supports it. He thinks I am online talking on an instant message.

The issue has come up in the past, where he has asked me, do you talk about me? and my response to him was, yes I do. I have even shown him some of the responses to my posts. I figure it this way, if he wasn't a poopyhead at times, I wouldn't have a reason to be on here in the first place.

Some of your responses have helped him see my side of things, so I guess it's a good thing.

:p