Is this really just innocent or could there be something to it?

hummingbird

Hey-

I didn't think anything of this when he said it, but then afterward...I started thinking about it more.

I told him ( SO) that my son (recent HS grad) was bored already... his response was have him go to the local college to check out the college girls that are there for the summer.

My respsonse and he knows this was: "why would he do that, he has a GF that he adores and thinks the world of....what does he need to do that for?"

we never continued that topic.

but I realized later that he has made mention of this kind of college girl thing twice before. " If I was my son's age I would camp out at the college and look for some girls." and then again he mentioned something like that about that when he was at his daughter's campus.

He has a 17 yo son, 19 yo daughter, 21 son and 28 yo daughter. He is 48.

Do these comments seem innocent ??? or .....?

Relative to his single sons; yeah sure why not go check out the girls.

But why suggest for someone in a relationship to do so? I guess what this translates into for me is , if he thinks that is ok for my son to do so even though he adores his GF; is it okay for him to go to the mall, or the beach or somewhere to check out the women even though hs is in a serious, committed R with me?

I know I would never suggest my daughter who has a serious Beau go to the local whatever to check out the guys....

I have thought to ask him about this but don't wish to offend him either.

I don't know how I would even approach the thought with him