she caught us having an affair!

browneyedsweetie1281

browneyedsweetie1281

So I had been friends with this guy for about 3 years. About a a year ago we started hanging out. He was going through a rough patch in his marriage and he wanted to leave her, but she had severe depression so he was afraid to. We would just meet up and talk. It was all very innocent at first. Well, after a while, a kiss led to touching, and touching led to sex. We had sex about 3 times and then hung out a few more times after. I have not seen him in about 9 months. I never even really had romantic feleings for him. We were just pretty much each others comfort in tough times. So wrong and I have felt so guilty ever since. Then just a few days ago, his wife hacked into his facebook and posted that her husband cheated on her with me and it was very explicit. I am beyond regretful and feel so bad for this sin I have committed. I have not clue how she found out because he would not acknowledge my calls/texts and then she started sending me harassing texts and I told her for neither one of them to ever contact me again or I would file a PPO. I dont know what to do because I am so fearful that my reputation is going to be ruined. So far I have just denied everything. Please give me some advice!!!! How can I save my reputation when I don't even know how she found out??? I am just feeling so much remorse.

So I had been friends with this guy for about 3 years. About a a year ago we started hanging out. He was going through a rough patch in his marriage and he wanted to leave her, but she had severe depression so he was afraid to. We would just meet up and talk. It was all very innocent at first. Well, after a while, a kiss led to touching, and touching led to sex. We had sex about 3 times and then hung out a few more times after. I have not seen him in about 9 months. I never even really had romantic feleings for him. We were just pretty much each others comfort in tough times. So wrong and I have felt so guilty ever since. Then just a few days ago, his wife hacked into his facebook and posted that her husband cheated on her with me and it was very explicit. I am beyond regretful and feel so bad for this sin I have committed. I have not clue how she found out because he would not acknowledge my calls/texts and then she started sending me harassing texts and I told her for neither one of them to ever contact me again or I would file a PPO. I dont know what to do because I am so fearful that my reputation is going to be ruined. So far I have just denied everything. Please give me some advice!!!! How can I save my reputation when I don't even know how she found out??? I am just feeling so much remorse.

You can't really recover your reputation in this day and age. These are the consequences that you receive for such an undertaking. If you feel real remorse you should write a letter of heartfelt apology and admission of your actions. No one held a gun to your head when you chose to bone a marries man. You share just as much of the blame. Part of being an adult if being responsible for our own actions. Own what you did. Its as simple as that.

If you were truly remorseful you wouldn't be worried about you reputation or how you were discovered. You would understand that the harassment you are getting is stock in trade of the wake of destruction you helped to foment. It's something frankly you can do little about. Any attempt of a PPO would be laughed out of court. If I were you Id be worried about her suing you if you live in one of the 7 states where the affair partner can be named and sued in Alienation of Affection lawsuits.

Of course the wife is not obligated in any way to forgive you, so once again this is the bed you made, and the bed you must sleep in.

Good Luck

amazing, isn't it, how people reel in shock at the consequences of their actions, but never stop to consider them whilst they're shafting somebody else's spouse, or opening their legs for them?

She knows?

Well guess who must have told her then....? It's not rocket science....

And he probably painted you in as bad a light to his wife, as he painted her to you.

Live with it.

A man willing to deceive his wife and lie to her, is willing to screw you over in the same way.

The best thing you can do, is to not respond, not react, and not retaliate.

It will blow over.

In time.

But learn from this one, ok?

I'm sorry if you were looking for tea and sympathy, but given that a high proportion of posts and threads here deal with break-ups and betrayals...well.... there you go!