So Tiger Woods crashed his car because he cheated and had a fight with his wife?

Read this article first.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/12/02/tiger.professional.athletes.wives/index.html

If you read deeper, the article gives clues about the psychology behind a lot of the people involved.

What I find the most interesting is this:

"The fear of infidelity or the possibility of infidelity can be extremely stressful," Ortiz said. "The wives would say, 'We have no control over him when he is away from home.' "

I think this is part of the reason many women (not all) can't see that their husbands are cheating when the evidence is in their face. Security is such an important factor for women in relationships, some women will automatically block out information that causes them to worry and feel insecure.

• Author

I'm not surprised, I was just curious with the psychology behind the wives of famous sports stars etc.

So many people cheat anyway.

But I think the thing with Tiger is because he's seen as so clean and a role model. It's different if someone that's got a bad rep and image cheats.

beats me who'd want to associate him in any way (much less romantically!) - the dude surely is rich, but he's as close to a vegetable as I've seen in a looooong time.

• Author
beats me who'd want to associate him in any way (much less romantically!) - the dude surely is rich, but he's as close to a vegetable as I've seen in a looooong time.

I don't get what you mean. You mean he's got a boring persona?

I can't say I have much sympathy for the wife. She obviously married Tiger Woods for his money and fame, not his 'good looks' or charming personality.

This is my bottom line: I NEVER feel sorry for anyone with money about ANYTHING that happens to them. All the rest of us face the exact same problems, except we don't have all that money to comfort us...Cry me a river, you rich spoiled celebrities who have done nothing to earn that much money. It is not like they cure cancer or create world peace but they get money and adoration like they do!

I just think people should mind their own business. Who cares what he or anyone else does behind closed doors. I hate it when people expect celebrities to be role models for their children. Parents should be role models for their own kids; afterall they are the ones who decided to have them. Parents should teach their children not to idolize people.

I just think people should mind their own business. Who cares what he or anyone else does behind closed doors. I hate it when people expect celebrities to be role models for their children. Parents should be role models for their own kids; afterall they are the ones who decided to have them. Parents should teach their children not to idolize people.

I very much agree. All they owe the public is a good performance if you ask me. Some of my favorites did worse stuff than Tiger Woods.

• Author
This is my bottom line: I NEVER feel sorry for anyone with money about ANYTHING that happens to them. All the rest of us face the exact same problems, except we don't have all that money to comfort us...Cry me a river, you rich spoiled celebrities who have done nothing to earn that much money. It is not like they cure cancer or create world peace but they get money and adoration like they do!

People shouldn't watch sports then. The atheletes actually work damn hard to get where they are. I think they deserve the money more than greedy bankers.

No, I disagree. While the above is true up to a point, the very fact that you are a public figure of any kind comes with the responsibility of being a good example for the mere mortals. A version of the "with power comer responsibility", if you will. It is absolutely not true that you can do whatever you want as long as you have money (and if you do do it, then you deserve the resentment and ridicule that are coming your way).

Yeah, I laughed out loud when I read that Nicholas Cage has money problems - poor thing bought a tad too many rolls-royces and castles :lmao:.

Haha my dad said all that hanging out with Michael Jordan (aka Mr. Serial cheater himself) got to Tiger and he started to think like his newfound best bud

He hit a fire hydrant and a tree... guess he couldn't decide between an iron or wood w/o his caddy :lmao:

Ruby Slippers
Yeah, I laughed out loud when I read that Nicholas Cage has money problems - poor thing bought a tad too many rolls-royces and castles :lmao:.

Actually, many, many wealthy people have debt problems that are proportionate to those of "the little guy". I have a friend who makes half a million a year, and he told me that with his custom home on the lake, boat, fully equipped studio, etc., he's in plenty of debt. He says he could get out of it pretty quickly if he wanted to, but he is carrying considerable debt. Many celebs making tons of money are also in debt. Those 10 multi-million-dollar houses around the world add up fast. :lmao: It's pretty much human nature to overspend, no matter how much you earn.

• Author
It's pretty much human nature to overspend, no matter how much you earn.

I think it's more of a cultural thing. In the US people have been spending way too much, the reliance on debt has been well documented.

Over in China, the savings rate is relatively high, but that's mainly because the Chinese are educated on the merits of saving.

Ruby Slippers
I think it's more of a cultural thing. In the US people have been spending way too much, the reliance on debt has been well documented.

Good point. It's also worth noting that the advertising and retail industries are totally out of control in the US, whereas in many other countries, they are much more tightly regulated. So many factors go into the US debt problem, of course.

I'm not surprised, I was just curious with the psychology behind the wives of famous sports stars etc.

I was surprised and fair to say - disappointed. As for the article, your average sports fan doesn't pay much, if any attention to the so-called glitz and glamour life that the player's wives/partners apparently lead. Boring.

But I think the thing with Tiger is because he's seen as so clean and a role model. It's different if someone that's got a bad rep and image cheats.
This is true. Golf also, is a rather stodgy sport which just made things even more surprising to me.

No, I disagree. While the above is true up to a point, the very fact that you are a public figure of any kind comes with the responsibility of being a good example for the mere mortals. A version of the "with power comer responsibility", if you will. It is absolutely not true that you can do whatever you want as long as you have money (and if you do do it, then you deserve the resentment and ridicule that are coming your way).

I never said you could do whatever you want if you have money. Afterall, there are laws governing all of us. We should all abide by the laws of this country. However, I am saying what actors, athletes, musicians, etc. do in their private life (that is not against the law) is no business of ours. I don't need anyone of them to be a good example for me. I am my own person and was reared by parents who taught me what was right and wrong.

People shouldn't watch sports then. The atheletes actually work damn hard to get where they are. I think they deserve the money more than greedy bankers.

Exactly! This is how I feel. If you don't like these people why do you watch them play golf, basketball, football, rock concerts, music, TV, movies, etc. You are adding to their bank accounts each time you do. Read a book. Oh, maybe you don't want authors to make any money either. The truth is these people all have god given talents that the rest of us don't have. This is why they make the big bucks.

I never said you could do whatever you want if you have money. Afterall, there are laws governing all of us. We should all abide by the laws of this country. However, I am saying what actors, athletes, musicians, etc. do in their private life (that is not against the law) is no business of ours. I don't need anyone of them to be a good example for me. I am my own person and was reared by parents who taught me what was right and wrong.

Stillafool, I got your gist in the first post. SOme folks just dont agree with you. I am one of the few that DO agree with your concept. You seem like an independent thinker. Bravo for that!

Its not indifference in the world that bothers me so much as the average joe thinking they are above a celebrity as has been indicated by some responses.

Stillafool, I got your gist in the first post. SOme folks just dont agree with you. I am one of the few that DO agree with your concept. You seem like an independent thinker. Bravo for that!

Its not indifference in the world that bothers me so much as the average joe thinking they are above a celebrity as has been indicated by some responses.

I don't think I am above or below any celebrity but if I want to enjoy a person's music, movies or whatever all i care about is a good performance.

Will people still turn out to watch Tiger - I say yes. Unlike Woody Allen who had an affair w/ Soon-Yi and his career went into a nose dive, ultimately married her.

• 2 weeks later...

Bankers, Wall Street Robber Barons, sports figures, movies stars, celebrities, entertainers - NONE of them deserve the huge paychecks they get. It is totally ridiculous and upside down in our world. Those of us who are the hardworking backbone of this country never get our just desserts. But then I guess it always has been that way.