Case of the Faker

dascandalousone

Ever get that feeling that your being fake in your relationships with people? You really don't want to engage in anything more than surface talk with people and sometimes that is to much. You fake your way through conversations not truly listening to anything they are saying because you are in your own little world. Truthfully you really don't even give a damn and you would be content to be left alone. You feel bad for being selfish and not having a genuine interest in somebody else's life. You wonder what has driven you to the point of being such a cold loner and better yet what can you do to get yourself to open up and care. Can anybody relate?

That happens to most of us now and then...or at sometime in our lives. But it's nothing that lasts. It's just a mood we get in...a depression...a funk.

Once it passes and your life is in order once again, you make the decision to be genuine and to be more interested in the lives of other people and what they have to stay.

But, yes, there are some people who feel this way all the time...and it's very sad. It's a very lonely existence.

jessicakicksbut

I can relate to a point. Sometimes I get the urge to treat others this way, usually when I am not feeling good or tired, have a lot on my mind, stressed out, or have that "time" of the month. Ok, so I am a moody woman, aren't all women??? Anyway, it can be your mood or general attitude that is causing you to feel this way...are you suffering from depression, lack of enthusiasm, lack of physical endurance (as in my case). Sometimes these are reasons why we tend to "fake" being nice to people, when in reality all we want to do is lie down, or hide somewhere. Maybe you had a lot of traumatic life events occur that cause you to feel this way? Do you believe any of the above are true?