Male Perspiration and Female Mood Elevation

University of Pennsylvania (where else???) researchers have found that male perspiration can have significant effects on female stress reduction, menstrual cycles and general elevation of their moods.

You can read all about this in an Msnbc.com article by clicking the following link: http://www.msnbc.com/news/885348.asp?0cv=CB10

So guys, when you get lonely go out and work up a sweat...or just stop taking showers. Women will think a lot more of you if you smell like hell!!! You'll be doing them a favor and saving precious water at the same time.

nightingale

What were you thinking when you wrote this? I'm sorry, but I don't think that a sweaty man will help increase a woman's mood in any way. She will probably only think that he stinks - and maybe become stressed out even more if she has to be near him.

The perspiration that these people collected is not the same as the sweat on a man after a work out. You need to understand that the sweat is not what makes a person stink, it is the evaporation of the sweat that gives a person body odor. I highly doubt those researchers would get the same results if they had placed those women in a room for six hours with sweaty, unbathed men.

So I would highly recommend not trying to use your own sweat to try to elevate any woman's mood.

• Author

YOU WRITE: "So I would highly recommend not trying to use your own sweat to try to elevate any woman's mood."

Well, I tried it yesterday....and the lady immediately invited me to her apartment to shower with her. What a deal!!!

nightingale

Ok, so maybe it did work for you. But I bet you didn't stop showering to make it work. Had you just been exercising wnd worked up a sweat?

I guess I was just trying to say that people should not stop showering. I know a guy that does not shower often, and I can barely stand being near him.

• Author

YOU WRITE: "I know a guy that does not shower often, and I can barely stand being near him."

No offense to you personally, but perhaps he is meeting his objective as well (lol).

I only put up the original post because I thought the linked article and research was interesting. I do not endorse people not taking showers or otherwise ignoring standard and accepted personal hygiene standards.

i saw this news story last week! its kind of fascinating-i wonder if it has to do with pheromones, etc. i should click your link and read the whole schlemeel.....

mmmm, nothing drives me wilder than when my man's pits smell like a Whataburger. Definitely elevates my mood!

• Author

I will start marinating my armpits with Whataburgers....anything to win a heart!!! By the way, do you like tuna fish?

I agree with the results of that research. I like it when a man has a natural smell to him, I can't stand over use of heavy colognes, deoderants and after shaves. I find it very sexy if a guy has been outdoors and he smells like fresh air and sunshine, and yes...perspiration. I think it has both a physical and subconscious appeal to it; working up a sweat from hard work, and sex.

Just my thoughts.

I think that a slight hint of "manliness" is ok, but not the nastiness of B.O. There's a difference from smellin them from a distance, or laying in there arm and barly smelling something. I dunno, sounds gross any way you say it, but I like the smell that is so slight...I think its attractive and somewhat intoxicating.