People that use and/or support drugs

Would you date someone that used drugs? I would not. Even someone that knowingly had friends that used drugs and didn't really care about it. Someone that even sat with friends while the friends did drugs. What do you think about this?

I don't hang out with people who commit criminal acts.

If I am in the proximity of a person who is using or in possession of an illegal substance and they are taken into custody, it is highly likely that I will be arrested as well. Then I'll have to spend some hours at the station explaining that I had no idea the other person had illegal crap on them...and hope the lawmen believe my story.

It has always made me very uneasy if I was at a party and somebody introduced illegal substances into the blend...started smoking pot...or whatever. I always leave those parties.

Reality is for people who can't deal with drugs.

Just A Girl2

Even in my younger days, I was never into house parties, for that very same reason....that if the place was busted, I'd get busted too, just be being there. Plus, you can't know what everyone at the party is doing........someone could be down in the basement snorting or smoking, and I was never about to jeopardize myself in this way.

I did try pot when I was younger, that's about the extent of it. Boring. I very much prefer a nice clear head to through life with. I have a really hard time relating to anyone who has to use drugs as some kind of crutch (cuz that's what it is, despite their protestations that it's not) to deal with life, handle stress, relax, feel good, etc. I don't even barely drink anymore, only takes a couple glasses of vino to make me feel fuzzy.

And like Tony says, too, I also don't have much respect for people who commit illegal activities. I don't think it says that much about their integrity or respect for the law. Not someone I'd be able to relate to in the least. I'm sure there's tons of nice people who do drugs, and I don't mean to put them all down, but would i date someone who did drugs? No way. Would I be friends with someone who did? Can't see it.

I am 35 and while I don't do drugs anymore, I certainly wouldn't judge anyone who does. Some of the most fun times of my life have been experienced while I'm high. People who take drugs know the risks and accept them; it is their own personal decision. I think most people should get out there and experience these things before getting on their pedestal and spouting such conservative crap. I know a lot of well balanced, succesful people who take drugs on a recreational basis. I also know a lot other people who don't take drugs or drink alcohol and have never had a day of fun in their lives. These are narrow minded people who fear what they don't understand. One of my best friends from high school died at the age of 28 - he had never had sex, or had a drop of alcohol or taken any drugs. He led one of the saddest lives I have ever seen, never taking risks and resenting those around him who were experiencing everything life had to offer. I don't think that hard drugs are necessarily a "good" thing for society at large, I just think that it is okay to pop a pill, snort a line, or puff a joint every now and then to feel good. After all, what else do you drink coffee every morning for?

Just A Girl2

It's pretty clear from your post that you totally equate "fun" with substances like either booze or drugs. That's fine for you to think this, but not everyone does. Believe it or not, there are plenty of people in this world who are the poster-child for fun, yet they don't need to be high to have a good time.

You wrote:

"I also know a lot other people who don't take drugs or drink alcohol and have never had a day of fun in their lives. These are narrow minded people who fear what they don't understand."

How do you know they've never had a day of fun in their lives? Do you conduct indepth life-surveys of these people? And did it ever occur to you that maybe YOUR idea of fun and theirs is completely different? They're narrowminded? Sorta of like those narrowminded people who poke fun at those who are proud to say they are able to enjoy life without the need to get high?

I partied lots when I was in my late teens/early twenties.....and I mean LOTS.....had some great times, but I can tell you with all honesty that the best times I've had *ever* are those times where I was totally sober.....and able to really experience the enjoyment of the situation/company/etc with a totally clear head. I find it hilarious that people equate "fun" with actively and knowingly killing brain cells.

As for your statement that people who do drugs know what they're doing, come on, give me a break. How many college kids who take E *really* know about the possible dangers? How many young kids who get into drugs know about the health risks? How many people end up overdosing all because they had no idea what they were doing?

And I think it's ludicrous to compare people who drink coffee in the morning to doing illegal substances. Last time I checked, coffee wasn't an illegal substance.

I do not hang out with people who use drugs. I do not hang out with people who steal things. I do not hang out with people who break into houses.

I do not accept or allow anything along those lines. My ex told me he had considered trying drugs in uni (before I even met him) and it made me sick, I realised it was oin the past and he wouldn't never do it now and that is one of the reasons I am with him.

We have grog in this world and I think that causes enough damage as it is, people who need uppers for fun or to escape are idiots who do not care about them or their loved ones.

I do NOT acceot drug taking, I do not do drugs myself and I would NOT stay with someone who did!

There's a huge difference to me between someone who smokes pot on occasion, versus someone who does cocain or heroin on occasion.

Either way, though, I really don't care. People can do what they want and deal with the fallout. Although I don't do drugs, I'm not going to judge other people if they want to drop X or smoke a joint before they go out. I can't see myself hanging out with people who do it every single day, but every now and then doesn't bother me.

HokeyReligions

Whether you approve or not of illegal drug use (any drug), or even abuse of legal drugs (like alcohol), we all pay for it and it touches all of us in some way.

I dated a guy once that I found out used drugs. He was late picking me up, he seemed fine, but after we got to the restaurant he apoligized for being late and said it was because he and his business partner were trying some new drug combinations and he wanted to wait until he was sure he was okay to drive.

Awe, gee - how grown-up and responsible of him -NOT. I walked out and took a cab. I should have called the police.

I would never knowingly have any type of relationship with a criminal - especially someone so stupid as to think polluting and altering their mind and body is okay.