It doesn't matter at all, as long as they're tasteful and fresh (no poison ivy, weed flowers, etc.). But it's always nice if early on in a relationship you ask the lady what kind of flowers are her favorite and what her favorite color(s) are so you can make a note of it. That information can help your florist make the perfect flower arrangement for her.

It also depends a lot on the girl. There are actually some, not very many, who don't feel flowers are very practical.

Don't give a lady flowers if you've just met her, unless it happens to be her birthday in which case a single rose and a card is plenty sufficient. Many women would not be impressed...or would think you were coming on way too strong...if you sent them flowers shortly after you started seeing them.

Unless you know her well enough to know what kind of flowers she likes, it's too early to be giving her flowers.

I'm a girl, and flowers early on just make me mad.

Btw, it's not necessarily ideal to give her the flowers she said she liked. Surprises are nice - again, when you know her well enough.

I think roses are given way too often. There're so many other flowers! What's with the roses! They got spikes! heheh

thats my 2 cents,

-yes

HokeyReligions

I don't like roses, so it does matter what kind of flowers & what kind of arrangement. The only time I appreciated getting a rose was a guy I dated when I first moved to Texas and he gave me a single yellow rose (Yellow Rose of Texas - song) to welcome me to the state. AND he had the thorns cut off!

The types of flowers you give and the arrangement they are in speaks volumes about your intentions. What do you want to say with the flowers? What kind of meaning do you want the girl to get from them? Whether you bring the flowers to her, or have them delivered from a florist is part of the whole statement too.