Okay so my admirer doesn't want to talk to me and my friends hate me now.

Not the love ace

Well,

There was this girl who said from her mouth she was in love with me and sooner or later came out expressed her feelings for me. I truly appreciated and respected her thoughts and feelings for me but I told her I wasn't in love with her but loved her as a friend.

For the longest time she threw herself at me multiple times, tired kissing me and told me that she would have sex with me. For her own good I never took advantage of her and never followed up on her throwing herself at me because I know doing anything physical would have changed the dynamic of our friendship. Plus, I honestly never wanted to do anything with her in any physical way.

I enjoyed our friendship a ton but she always wanted more than to just be friends. Then she constantly kept telling everyone that I was "rejecting" her, which is non-sense because rejection is not having anything to do with her but she was in denial and delusional.

So one day we got into a dispute because she was talking about her past boyfriends and how I was the 4th guy to reject her. I got sick and tired of her using the word rejection just because she wasn't getting what she wanted from me. So I told her off and told her if we did anything physical she would be bitching even more because she would be more attached and I wouldn't. Much more was talked about but this is where everything went wrong.

I was harsh with her but I felt like I needed it to be done since she wasn't getting the point. So she then went and told all her (or our) friends that I said all these mean things to her and treated her badly.

Now, all her girlfriends see me as this big jerk and think I have no respect for women, and the rest of my friends feel sorry for her and think I shouldn't have said what I said.

So we spoke again and I told her about everyone's reaction and she apologized for it but now she doesn't want to be friends with me because she thinks its detrimental to her and will cause more stress for me.

So basically she doesn't want to talk or hangout with me since it will hurt her too much and I doubt any of her or our friends will hangout with me now since I am the big A-hole should made me out to be.

I think this was really selfish and childish on her part. Its one thing if it hurts her but to rally up everyone against me was a bit of a pisser for me and its kind of eating me up.

I am thinking of taking a break from hanging out with anyone until they clean up their act. If they ever do.

What is your opinion and what should I do?

Put the shoe on the other foot. What would you do if you were hot for her and she rejected you? If she was cool and calm and said 'hey, let's be friends but I don't feel that way about you'?

The main difference is that you would suffer alone. Women rally their friends for support. Get used to it :)

• Author
Not the love ace

Well, I've experienced that before. However, I've dealt with it and moved on because I realized I'm not going to make myself suffer for someone who doesn't feel the same way for me. The only thing I can do is respect her decision. Being a pest certainly is not going to help anything and it would have only driven her mad and more than likely we would have never been friends.

I'm tired of her playing the victim and me looking like the jerk. If I would have gone out with her everything would have been cool right? However not everyone gets what they want sometimes in life and that's the way it is.

I believe I did the right thing for not taking advantage of her and being a good friend because I am certainly sure if I did I would have been crucified. If she can't appreciate having a good friendship then that's too bad on her part.

Hey, wait until you're married and your wife divorces you. You have no idea what 'being made to look like a jerk' is until you've gone through that. Friends, family, everyone. Even the cat. Enjoy :)

The best thing to remember is she was your friend because she wanted you to be her boyfriend and you denied her that. Absent that dynamic (boyfriend/girlfriend) there is no basis for your friendship and you are scum and everyone needs to know this. Logic has no place here. Fuggetabout logic and reason. Embrace insanity and chaos. OK, time for more coffee...

• Author
Not the love ace
Hey, wait until you're married and your wife divorces you. You have no idea what 'being made to look like a jerk' is until you've gone through that. Friends, family, everyone. Even the cat. Enjoy :)

The best thing to remember is she was your friend because she wanted you to be her boyfriend and you denied her that. Absent that dynamic (boyfriend/girlfriend) there is no basis for your friendship and you are scum and everyone needs to know this. Logic has no place here. Fuggetabout logic and reason. Embrace insanity and chaos. OK, time for more coffee...

What are you talking about? I'm a little slow. Explain to me please.

Then, why worry? No need to even spend one minute of your valuable time on this. Think about that, and the billions of people in the world. Half of them are women and you'll have a mutual attraction and interest with some of them. Further, since the commitment of marriage is not anything you're interested in, moving from potential to potential is simple and clean. The people who know you and love you know you're not a jerk. That's all that matters IMO. These times are a great way to find out who those people really are. :)

• Author
Not the love ace
Then, why worry? No need to even spend one minute of your valuable time on this. Think about that, and the billions of people in the world. Half of them are women and you'll have a mutual attraction and interest with some of them. Further, since the commitment of marriage is not anything you're interested in, moving from potential to potential is simple and clean. The people who know you and love you know you're not a jerk. That's all that matters IMO. These times are a great way to find out who those people really are. :)

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I like the way you speak ahahaha.