What you still live at home?

Lets say I like someone that is about four years older and she has her own apartment and I still live at home, but am responsible and putting my money away towards retirement and a house how can I tell her this so she want fall into the misconception that I am a loser that still lives at home?

Well first of all, what age are you? Big difference between, say, a guy who's living at home at age 23 and saving up for a home, and one who's in his late 30's, taking advantage of his older parents (free rent).

Nope, I don't think there's anything wrong with being your age and doing what it takes now to be ahead in the future, in fact, I think it's admirable. Many guys your age would be piddling their money away and later having nothing to show for it! If it comes up, or if you feel better about explaining why you still live at home, just be honest and tell her what you wrote here....that you're doing what it takes now so that you can buy your own place and be more financially independent later on...and that it's just a temporary thing. I think any decent woman would respect that! :)

• 1 month later...

I live at home and I am nearly 21. My boyfriend lives at home too and he is nearly 24.

I am saving up for a house and so is my b/f (individually of course). This does not turn me off him at all. He was of course living by himself when I met him

HokeyReligions

Hey greenspan, are you in Texas?

Just wondering because of your comment "fixing to. . . "

;)

On a flip-side; it might do you some good to get a place of your own for a while and experience it. You may think you know what it's like to live independently, but until you REALLY do live on your own, you can't truly know. Try it for a year or so. It will also give you more to talk about with your gf - similar experiences, etc.