What is up with girls and older guys?

Ok I'm 16 and all the time I'm seeing like 14, 15, 16 year old girls dating guys in their early to late twenties? I know they just "love" older guys because they are "more mature" and have cooler cars, but these guys are using this power to their advantage to get these girls in bed. Some fairly-recent study in my state concluded that my small town has the highest teen pregnancy rate per capita in the state. Last night about midnight my 14yo sister and her best friend snuck out to go visit their 20-something guy friend and proceded to stay their for 2 hours without telling anyone. This kind of behavior just pisses me off because I see so damn many young, pregnant girls in my town and I'm like "how could they be stupid enough to go and let these guys take advantage of them when it such an odvious and widespread problem?!?"

You should be complaining about the law enforcement agency in your town. In most jurisdictions, it is a capital crime of statutory rape for a person over the age of 18 to have sex with a minor child.

While these ladies may have some growing up to do, they do see much more mature behavior and more meaningful interaction with older men, even if they are being taken advantage of. If you figure out how to solve this problem, write a book.

Meanwhile, until men learn how to grow up and treat ladies their age a bit better, this sort of thing will happen.

:bunny: I am so wondering that now the girls can think like sooo mature. I really respect U (Give me A 5)!! I think Ur opinion is right too. however, I prefer U that Don't think every older guys are like that. It just what U see and what U sterotype " How older guys are." I know how U feel about ur friends or how U cosider about older guys like the way caz, Around U make U to see like that. In psycially, girls' metal age is about 2 years older than Guys. So that mean When the girl is 16 then, her thinking is already 18. So that's sort of match with older guys who is 18 caz, they can talk well each other u know? It's not the deal older or younger. Depending on people. Even young guys playing with girl heart, young girl playing eith older guys heart either. Some of people that I know are usually play with older guys caz, they think those guys are treat dinner or everything by FREE!! It doesn't mean that Only guys take girls' advantages. Girls do too. So....For Ur town U should be complaining about the law that Tony told U. Yeah...Peace out!! :)
  • Author

Yeah I do agree with you that all guys aren't out to take advantage of younger girls, but why would a more mature and older guy spend time with a less mature girl when most mature people can't stand less mature people?

U know how guys are right? They want to protect girls, and they want to teach the girl about life. It is good that girl is mature they know how to do right decision. Sometimes people who have so much knowleage then They try to show to people somehow. At shool, and working place, they appriciate that people teach them about. However, When U try to talk 2 guys, It is not good deal. Guys think that U disagree about what Guys think. Sometimes U can do it but not the much I guess...good solution is first to be friend, and let know each other first. They might like mature personality too.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem is that we ladies mature physically and menatally faster than guys which makes it hard to communicate with guys our own age. When I was 15 I can admit to dating an older guy and it was a bad experience because alot of times they are out to control,manipulate, and take advantage. I was fortunate enuogh not to get pregnant but I suffered a years worth of physical abuse from this guy. Not every guy will be out to hurt a younger women. like if a girl is 17 or 18 and is dating a guy between 20-23 I can see it. Now I have a 15 year old sister and if some 20-25 year old guy even tried to date her he'd get his ass kicked right before he goes to jail. My advice to young girl considering this is what is this guy lacking that a women his own age is not interested.

• 1 month later...
echeberria02

First of all not ll guys are like this because rigt now i am 15 and dating a 23 year old and he is always been there for me and is always a gentlemen so i don't think people should refer to guys like all of them.

Be sure to advise your boyfriend to consult an attorney about all the legal ramifications of dating at 15-year-old girl.

I think a 23-year-old man who dates a 15-year-old girl is asking for big trouble. Do your parents know about this? Depending on just how far you take this, your boyfriend could possibly be charged with anything from contributing to the deliquency of a minor child right on up to statutory rape.

It is a tribute to something about you that keeps his interest...intellectual and/or otherwise. I'm sure the two of you have some pretty stimulating conversations.

Dude, when I was like 23, I was talking to an 18 year old....and I realized how wacked that was...I can't IMAGINE what it would be like with someone YOUNGER.