Why is he avoiding me?

Sarah_louise1986

Right i was going out with a lad for 3 months and we broke up due to me getting a little worried about my feelings for him really. I changed my mind and said i made a mistake and wanted to get back together with him. He admitted to me that he cried, and that he still felt the exact same way about me but he couldnt get back together with me again because i hurt him. He didnt say anything much more than that as he doesnt like confrontation and talking about his feelings. He said we would be friends and maybe in time become close. Since then we have had pretty much no contact, and he has been trying to avoid me.

Now i went into the local shop where he works yesterday and he ran and hid in the back.

Now this is really driving me up the wall...

Does he hate me? Or does he still like me and finds it hard to talk to me and thinks he will say something stupid?? If he hated me or didnt like me, or had moved on surely he would not run away and avoid speaking to me.. So all i can think is that he might still be upset and still likes.. Can anyone shed any light on this.. he is a lovely guy and he wouldnt be doing it deliberatley to annoy me, he has also being hurt alot in the past..

Help! Just to let you know i am 23, and the lad i was with is 20!

It looks like he's trying to avoid you.

Any more details on the breakup because his behavior a little weird?

• Author
Sarah_louise1986

There isnt much more too it. I told him about 2 days later i missed him and made a mistake and he said he missed me too but its better for me this way broken up, then he ignored me for about a month, then he finally agreed to meet up with me and talk..

i wonder maybe he has a new girlfriend... but surely if he had he would get over it and be able to speak to me by now?

• Author
Sarah_louise1986

There isnt much more too it. I told him about 2 days later i missed him and made a mistake and he said he missed me too but its better for me this way broken up, then he ignored me for about a month, then he finally agreed to meet up with me and talk..

i wonder maybe he has a new girlfriend... but surely if he had he would get over it and be able to speak to me by now?

Yes, he probably still likes you, but you hurt him and he is not ready to be friends with you or even to talk to you because he's probably still feeling upset. He'd rather not have contact so he doesn't have anything new to think about and feel hurt about.

Some people don't get over being hurt easily and they don't want to give you another chance to hurt them again. Others don't want to fuel their feelings - they'd rather get away from you so they can heal. Sounds like he's both of those types.