How many people have you been with? By ~age 22

I wanted to do a poll, but I guess you can't really do that...can you?

As a disclaimer, this thread isn't meant to impart judgment on anyone. I want to compare how our generation in the Anglo-Saxon world (prob most people here are americans) view sex compared with other countries (ranging from the liberal Europeans to the prudish Muslim and Hindu worlds).

The only reason I chose the age 22 is A) I'll be that age soon and B) its around the borderline between when most people lose their v-cards...and those that may tend to keep it for a while/wait longer...etc

So, i'm 21, male, and have only been with 4 girls sexually, though I have dated/hooked up partially with around 10-12---all during college. And I feel like while that number is above average for my university...it feels pretty lame because they all had huge time gaps in between and I've never had a GF for more than a semester...

Therefore, whats your number? And do you feel...personally...that your number is too low, too high, or just right and who cares what others may think.

Thanks!

Trialbyfire

I'm female, caucasian and a Canadian, who's currently 34 years old.

At age 22, I'd only had one sexual partner. And yes, it was just right for me.

Female, born in the US, turning 23 this summer and two. I wish my number were lower but I'm ok with it. Both were a couple of years ago.

Male, caucasian, 41, USA, only 1 sex partner by age 22. Presently only three total.

Asian female, had 2 sexual partners by age 22, although neither involved vaginal intercourse (they chose not to).

Absolutely no regrets. It was right for me and that's what matters.

• Author

i see, fairly surprised at the number, I was expecting a somewhat larger one for some reason.

Hopefully more people will answer this!

Caucasian, female, United States, 20

2--first was just a one time blow job; and I'm with the other now and have sex regularly

Sibyl Vane
I was over 22 before I had sex the first time, and Sibyl, I'm here for you honey-pants.

:laugh: I'll keep it in mind. ;)

female, 34. at 22 i had had six consensual sex partners, if i remember correctly :laugh:.

I grew up in the 60s and 70s. It was the time of freedom, including sexual freedom. One of my good friends kept inviting me to orgies, which I kept declining. I'm sure she doesn't even know how many partners (both male and female) she had before the age of 22.

I had sex purely for experimental reasons. No feelings were involved, at least not from my end. I was just having fun. I went to bed with four guys before the age of 19. I married the fourth guy at the age of 18. I got divorced at 34. I didn't have sex with anyone else until I met my current boyfriend many years after my divorce. I was almost 44. It was really difficult to not have sex for those 10 years, but I'm glad I didn't. He's the fifth person I've had sex with.

I don't even remember the names of the first three guys I slept with, and if I had to do it over again, I would not have had sex with them. I would rather not have comparisons. I think I was lucky that I didn't get any sexual diseases from those first three guys. (No sexual diseases from the other two either.)

Female, 29 yrs old, Mixed parentage, currently in SEA : by 22, I only had one sexual partner.

I'm only 23 atm. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 21. Since then, I've mastered the art of "pick-up" if you want to call it that even though that's a joke saying. I've been with more women than I can count on my fingers and toes. I honestly do not know exactly how many, but I want to say roughly 23 or 24? Not sure, lol.

GoodOnPaper

Male, 40, USA. 3 partners by age 22. At the time I was OK with that number, but in retrospect, I think it was too low.

thelostsoul89

Female- USA 20 years old

I have had 8 Sexual partners, and looking at all the answers I feel like I over did it lol. But meh I was a wild child:rolleyes:

BTW I intend to keep it at 8, Im getting Married in Feb. 2010 to lucky number 8 :love:

JohnnyBlaze

Male, Caucasian, Canada, 31.

By 22, let's see...

there was...

...and...

...and...

...carry the 1...

Total by age 22: 1

And to answer your question, at the time, I thought it was a low number. Looking back, it doesn't bother me in the least. I never was the kind to just go out and pick up chicks; as sappy as it sounds, I'm one of those people who likes it to be with someone special.

I am 21 atm, female and I have been with 5 guys. I do regret 2 of them who I feel kind of forced me into it...

But I think I have found a keeper now so hopefully it will stay 5! My boyfriend is 23 and has been with 3 girls including me.

thegoodlife

21 years old, Female, Canadian, Mixed race, and my number is currently 0!

Have had opportunities that I never acted upon. And I'm glad I waited.

Things are going great with the bf so my number may be bumped to 1 in the near future.

CandyGirlXO

26 F USA mixed race Hispanic/white but I look white.

By 22 I slept with 7 guys, personally it's kinda high but they were all relationships. I just started having sex really young. Can't have regrets but yeah I wish it were lower.

By 22 I have kissed over 30 guys and have done oral sex with about 14. It was college and I do regret that.

mental_traveller

At 22 I had slept with one woman. At the time I certainly didn't feel it was enough, lol.

• Author

Well...

the average is around 6 for a lifetime isn't it?

Of course, if you lived in NYC...your number is prob a lot higher than lets say...Omaha Nebraska.

BTW, I'm living in Canada right now, Asian, and its certainly a lot tougher for 'us' here lol...unless I happen to be a chick. Don't ask me why, I had a blast in Europe and Asia...but here its a lot more work...dunno why...?

Trialbyfire
Well...

the average is around 6 for a lifetime isn't it?

Of course, if you lived in NYC...your number is prob a lot higher than lets say...Omaha Nebraska.

BTW, I'm living in Canada right now, Asian, and its certainly a lot tougher for 'us' here lol...unless I happen to be a chick. Don't ask me why, I had a blast in Europe and Asia...but here its a lot more work...dunno why...?

I don't agree. I have an old friend who's Asian and previously to finding the right girl, who just happens to also be an old friend of mine, had ladies falling all over him. He has a way with women. We all adore him. :love:

So...what I'm saying is that your race won't make a difference. It's more attitude than anything else.