Really Anxious!!

Hi there,

I dont reguarly post on these forums, but I would really like some advice from everyone here!

Lately, I have been have become incredibly insecure and anxious about my relationship for no reason what so ever. I have been with my boyfriend now for a year and a half and I truly believe he is the one for me. All through our relationship he has said the same. We live together and have done so for the last year, which has been amazing. No troubles what so ever.

However, lately I cant seem to shake these feelings of overwhelming insecurity. I have started asking him constantly whether he loves me (I know he does) and about our future (even though I am quite sure of his answers). This is so stupid, I am sure he thinks the same, yet I cant seem to stop myself from asking?

I think it is all coming from my past relationships. I have had a number of long term relationships that have ended, I ended the first LT relationship and my last boyfriend ended things with me very badly. (Over the phone after 4.5 years after cheating on me and a lot of emotional abuse)

I guess the question is, how do I deal with this? Has anyone else had these types of feelings after going through other long term relationships ending badly?

I dont want to push him away by being too needy. I am at a point now where I can feel myself wanting to push for an engagement as we have both discussed it for so long, yet it is still relatively early days. I think I just want some type of security after the last 'loss' of a relationships. It's unfair to do this to him though, so I have been holding back.

I need to chill out quite obviously, but it's so hard when all of my other relationships have ultimately come to some sort of 'end'.

Any advice?:o

Beautiful Inside

wow i guess its just a typical girl thing man i thought i was crazy. i haver the best bf in the whole world but still time to time i get way to EMO for him to where im like "babe do u love me" lol "u dont love me anymore i can feel it" lol he wants to prob kills me for every time ive said that he thinks its absolutely ridiculous you know but i think its just we get so use to having all that attention in the beginning year and then when things finally start to mellow out we start to question things sometimes we just cant let things be we constantly have to have our minds wondering and thinking crazy things lol girls need a lot of attention and affection its normal i feel this way all the time love is my point.

TBH you sound incredibly insecure. So what if it doesn't last forever, you're a chick and chicks can always find another BF. If he's a good guy, treat him well, have your fun and stopping busting his balls about being with you forever. He doesn't know if he'll be with you forever. He is just having fun spending time and having sex with you. It's not too complicated.

But you seriously need to relax. You've had a traumatic past and I suggest counseling for it, for you as well as your relationship. Do it, and please stop harping on your BF when you are clearly the one with problem.