Meeting the ex

canigetarewind

Hi.

I received an SMS of my ex today asking if I wanted to catch up. It is totally out of the blue and unexpected, as I haven’t seen her or heard (well i did once) from her since we split up around a 15 months ago! I am in my mind completely over it, and it would be nice to see her. So question – anyone who has ever done this – good or bad idea?

I've done it lots of times. The worst that ever happened was when I realised one of them turned into a bitter and negative person over the years. that was a bit depressing. otherwise it's usually a cool thing to do

AlektraClementine

Are you currently in a relationship?

What part about seeing her would be nice?

Could you elaborate on those two things first?

• Author
canigetarewind

No I am not.

It would be nice to see her because we always got on really well, just there was no spark there in a romantic way. I am genuinely curious as to how her life has panned out and if she got to where she wanted.

• Author
canigetarewind

Yeah.

Although I feel like I am over it all – and I was some time ago, I have no idea what will happen spending time with her again after all this time. I am a little hesitant in case I end up into her again. Though I guess there is only one way to find out.

Yeah, I've had an ex call me, looking to get together and 'catch up'. And I'm glad I went. It did me a world of good.

To make a long story short, the bad boy she left me for turned out to be a bad guy. [Note to all women: bad boys do not change just because you have their baby.] Once she realized he was bad and (sort of) got him away from her and the kid, she went searching for a white knight to save her. I liked her kid, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't in the market to be anyone's savior. I wasn't good enough to be there all along, but I was deemed good enough to clean up the mess afterward. Pass, thanks. Besides, my life had improved while hers had deteriorated. Why would I want to give up the good in my life for the girl who crushed me? After a few meetings, she realized I wasn't biting and she stopped calling me. Last I heard, she married some guy up north. I wish her well.

What's the moral of this story? Easy. After talking to her and finding out that she'd lost almost every single quality that made me fall in love with her in the first place, I got her out of my system for once and for all. Although I was over her before those meetings, there was always that little "what if..." lurking in the back of my mind. Since then, that thought has never occurred to me. That encounter made me 100%, fully and completely over her, and it feels GREAT!!!

Yeah.

Although I feel like I am over it all – and I was some time ago, I have no idea what will happen spending time with her again after all this time. I am a little hesitant in case I end up into her again. Though I guess there is only one way to find out.

make sure you don't sleep with her again.

JohnnyBlaze put an interesting post up as well, I had a similar experience with the bitter ex I mentioned in my first post. sometimes meeting up with them helps you to put everything in perspective.

• Author
canigetarewind

Thanks for the replys.

I don't think i will end up sleeping with her :laugh:

Last i heard she had a boyfriend... but that was several months ago.

Anyway - I'm not going for the hope i will get sex out of it.

I will most likely arrange to meet her in the day time and keep it short and sweet - well play it by ear at least, and if it's going well stick around.

Getting some final closure as was posted above would be interesting, but honestly it's been that long that there is no "what if..." in the back of my head anymore. It will be good to see her, i will probably be pretty nervous - i guess that's normal.

Thanks again.