Lately I've been really working on things like body language, eye contact, projecting my voice, and being and overall more attractive and fun person to be around in general. I've studied this stuff and gotten some good results but I've run into one issue:

I work at a huge place that can have as many people around as a college so there are some girls I'm interested in and have flirted with at work. So I'll go to work all psyched up about getting their number and flirting with them but because I work in security, things will come up and I'll have to focus my attention on work (I'm a good worker). Then, when I see the girls, my mindset has changed and I'm not "prepared" anymore so a lot of times I let them slip right by because my mind is on work at the time. A lot of times I'll be posted at a checkpoint and they will pass but I'm either busy or been busy for the past hour. I've thought about just going out and meeting girls outside work but it's not as easy at first because I don't know them at all. I read an article that said it's always best to try and meet people from a familiar place first. I know most of the people at work so it's easier and more comfortable there to get a girls number. I've thought about talking to them off-duty but I think that I will look too desperate to everyone. Do you guys have any advice? Thanks!

Is there a canteen at your place? Maybe you can chat then without work getting in the way. Also, it's good that you are trying to improve yourself but don't try too hard.