LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

FOR THE GUYS: The difference between oral and intercourse?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

Old 23rd November 2008, 9:21 PM   #1

FOR THE GUYS: The difference between oral and intercourse?

This one is literally just for the men. At first blush, I think it's a fairly simple question, but upon deeper reflection I think it might be a little more complicated.

So tell me guys... How do you view the difference between oral sex and intercourse? Is there even a difference, or are both considered "sex" to you?

Some questions to get the discussion going:

Do you take oral sex and intercourse equally as seriously?

Generally speaking, would you rather receive oral sex, or have intercourse?

When dating, if a woman gives you oral sex, but wants to hold off on intercourse, what do you think about that? Does that seem hypocritical to you? Putting the shoe on the other foot, if you wanted to hold off on having intercourse, would you be okay with giving/receiving oral sex in the interim?

Do you feel more connected to a woman after having intercourse than receiving/giving oral, or vice versa? Why?
Star Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:16 AM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Gazer View Post
This one is literally just for the men. At first blush, I think it's a fairly simple question, but upon deeper reflection I think it might be a little more complicated.

So tell me guys... How do you view the difference between oral sex and intercourse? Is there even a difference, or are both considered "sex" to you?
Now here's a "stimulating" discussion!

To me, I consider them both sex, but not the same thing. Here's a way to look at it: Intercourse is the main dish while oral sex is the appetizer.

Quote:

Yup!

Quote:
All of the above! If I have to choose one then it'd be intercourse.

Quote:
When dating, if a woman gives you oral sex, but wants to hold off on intercourse, what do you think about that? Does that seem hypocritical to you? Putting the shoe on the other foot, if you wanted to hold off on having intercourse, would you be okay with giving/receiving oral sex in the interim?
Never been in that situation, but I think I'd be okay with it. There would be some desire to take things all the way, but I think that's pretty natural considering how close you'd be at that point.

Quote:
Do you feel more connected to a woman after having intercourse than receiving/giving oral, or vice versa? Why?
More so with intercourse. With that, you're giving all of yourself willingly. If you're only having/giving oral sex, then there is some holding back.
madgun68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 9:29 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
They're both sex to me... any event that ends in me getting off is "sex".

Quote:
Oral sex is maybe even more special because it's all about me.

Quote:
I think this is like asking if I would rather have chicken for dinner every night, or steak... have to mix it up.

Quote:
When dating, if a woman gives you oral sex, but wants to hold off on intercourse, what do you think about that?
Fine with me. Sex is a lot of effort.

Quote:
No more connected, they're both about the same level of "personal" for me.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:43 AM   #4
Established Member

I think that if you are only after a casual thing and are not in a rush to settle down then do whatever you want and just please yourself.

I know I am not a man BUT I am pretty sure that to hold back on sex but give a guy you are casually dating or multi dating a BJ is not a good idea, it is sending the opposite message. On one hand you are wanting his respect by not having sex with him too soon but then showing him you will suck his winkle until he agrees to be only dating you. To me that is backwards and I also believe that oral sex is more personal then full sex.

Imagine the talk with the boys "Hey dude, I am dating this girl who wont have sex but she sucks me off whenever I want" to which his mates reply "Happy days you lucky B'stard"

If you are holding off on the sex to try to get him to commit then oral with him is not the way to go in my eyes.
Lishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 11:01 AM   #5
flc
Established Member

I consider them both sex but intercourse probably means more in the way of love. Intercourse is a deeper combined feeling since your bodies are in so much contact, so it is more enveloping than oral. However, for sure orgasmic delight I think oral provides a lot more sensation and I tend to have deeper orgasms from oral than vaginal.

I would not want to leave out either nor focus on just one.
flc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
I consider them both sex.

Quote:

Yes and no. I do take it seriously because it is sex, but they aren't equally important to me. I'd much rather have intercourse than oral.

Quote:
I would definately be irritated by such a proposal. If I am not yet ready/comfortable enough to have intercourse with a woman, I am also not comfortable with oral sex.

But I also need exclusivity established before having sex, so I'd be wondering why she won't have intercourse with me but would be okay with oral sex at that point.

Quote:
I feel more connected after intercourse. Giving oral also makes me feel connected but not as much as intercourse.

Receiving oral makes me feel the least connected. I guess that is due to the fact that receiving oral isn't really important to me.
Stockalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 8:02 PM   #7
Established Member

"Q. How do you view the difference between oral sex and intercourse? Is there even a difference, or are both considered "sex" to you?"

A. Oral isn't sex IMO - you can't get pregnant from oral, for example.

"Q. Do you take oral sex and intercourse equally as seriously?"

A. No.

"Q. Generally speaking, would you rather receive oral sex, or have intercourse?"

A. Rather have sex

"Q. When dating, if a woman gives you oral sex, but wants to hold off on intercourse, what do you think about that? Does that seem hypocritical to you? Putting the shoe on the other foot, if you wanted to hold off on having intercourse, would you be okay with giving/receiving oral sex in the interim?"

A. It would seem weird for a woman to be willing to put my c*** into her mouth but not her vagina. I wouldn't say hypocritical, I would just see it as a strange distinction. I wouldn't want to hold off intercourse, but if I did, then I'd say oral is close enough to make little difference.

"Q. Do you feel more connected to a woman after having intercourse than receiving/giving oral, or vice versa? Why?"

A. Not really. They are both pretty intimate acts IMO.
mental_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 8:28 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
I take intercourse more seriously because I'm trying to please the woman while also getting pleasure. For oral, it's all about my pleasure, so I just sit back and enjoy.
Quote:
It depends. If it's unprotected sex, intercourse is generally better. If protection is required for intercourse, then oral is better.
Quote:
When dating, if a woman gives you oral sex, but wants to hold off on intercourse, what do you think about that? Does that seem hypocritical to you?
Wouldn't bother me if she had a valid reason. It would seem hypocritical if she couldn't provide a reasonable explanation. And I'd probably become frustrated if it lasted a while.
Quote:
Putting the shoe on the other foot, if you wanted to hold off on having intercourse, would you be okay with giving/receiving oral sex in the interim?
Yes. But this would never happen in real life.
Quote:
If I had to pick one I'd say intercourse. Though I feel both can be very intimate acts.
fral945 is offline   Reply With Quote