officequeen

do you buy little gifts for your significant other? I like to do something a couple times a week.....what do you think is too much or too little? Id like to hear a guys opinion too.!!! I wish my man was as thoughtful as i am! AAAHH!

I think it is great for people to give other people little gifts and things. I have a hard enough time coming up with gift ideas when they are expected, like for holidays and stuff.

I also think a couple of times a week is too much UNLESS the gift is something that I would normally have to buy for myself, like cereal or gasoline or paying for my dry cleaning. I'll take all of those kind of gifts I can get.

Come to think of it, I would do the same for my girlfriend. Somehow I don't think that's what you (or she would) have in mind, now is it?

Gifts to someone you like should be given intermittently. There should be no gifts given whatsoever for the first month of a relationship. To most people, gifts given very soon in a dating situation make the person appear desperate or lovesick. Some even get suspicious of motive. There are exceptions, of course, but don't take a chance.

Gifts should be given sparingly, lest they lose their value in the relationship and are taken for granted, unfortunately.

But if you don't like somebody, get them shares of Enron. That will make your point to them.

Oh, barf, twice a week? Are you kidding? That is way too often. What kind of gifts are you talking about? I'd say if you want to do something little every three-four months, that would be fine, but nothing extravagant. Just like you happened to be out shopping and saw something he might like. I've found that most guys tend to get freaked out by gifts unless they are on birthdays or holidays, unless they are very inexpensive, very random, and something they might have picked up for themselves.

If you want to do something nice, pick up the tab next time you go out. Or pay for the taxi. Or pay his cover on the way into the bar. Little things like that go a long way.

I suspect you are doing this to give him a hint that you'd like the same. You have no assurance that he will pick up on the hint. And I think you definitely run the risk of sending him packing. I'd be really turned off if a guy bought me something twice a week. It really would make you seem lovesick and desperate.

Just my opinion.

do you buy little gifts for your significant other? I like to do something a couple times a week.....what do you think is too much or too little? Id like to hear a guys opinion too.!!! I wish my man was as thoughtful as i am! AAAHH!
officequeen

oh gosh, nothing like that! I like to get little stuff to show him that i was thinkin of him while i was out doin whatever! Ex: his favorite candy, a new magazine, a t shirt...etc... i like it when someone does the same thoughtful things for me....

Oh, barf, twice a week? Are you kidding? That is way too often. What kind of gifts are you talking about? I'd say if you want to do something little every three-four months, that would be fine, but nothing extravagant. Just like you happened to be out shopping and saw something he might like. I've found that most guys tend to get freaked out by gifts unless they are on birthdays or holidays, unless they are very inexpensive, very random, and something they might have picked up for themselves.

If you want to do something nice, pick up the tab next time you go out. Or pay for the taxi. Or pay his cover on the way into the bar. Little things like that go a long way. I suspect you are doing this to give him a hint that you'd like the same. You have no assurance that he will pick up on the hint. And I think you definitely run the risk of sending him packing. I'd be really turned off if a guy bought me something twice a week. It really would make you seem lovesick and desperate. Just my opinion.

officequeen

actually he loves my thoughtfulness , clia. I was hoping it would rub off on him, thats all.

oh gosh, nothing like that! I like to get little stuff to show him that i was thinkin of him while i was out doin whatever! Ex: his favorite candy, a new magazine, a t shirt...etc... i like it when someone does the same thoughtful things for me....

I still tend to think twice a week is a little excessive. I'd make it more of an "every now and then" kind of thing to make it more special. How long have you been dating? I also tend to think that a person is either thoughtful in things like that or they aren't. (Not being that way isn't a bad thing! In fact, most people really aren't.) Does he do other things for you? Just because it's not often doesn't mean it's not good stuff. Make sure when he does do something that you really tell him how much you like it, how thoughtful he was, etc. That might make him more inclined to do it more often because he'll feel good about making you happy.