passive agressive emailing!

A guy I dated briefly (whom I've talked about on here) and I stopped talking about two months ago. We were attempting to be friend, but it wasn't really working out and he just never returned my last email. Kinda hurt my feelings, but I got over it and haven't given it much thought since.

Yesterday, I received a mass email from him, talking about an art exhibit we should check out. I just assumed he sent it to his entire address book and accidentally included me, but then I looked at the CC list and it was basically like, 5 of his really good friends...and me: a girl he dated last Spring.

I guess it's not a big deal, and I didn't write back. But why would someone do this? It just seems so passive aggressive to me. Like, if you want to contact me, contact me. Don't include me on some stupid mass email!

I wouldn't really consider 5 people "mass" email.

Maybe he thought you were into art and wanted to come along.

Maybe he thought of you and thought maybe you and he have changed and he decided to give it another shot.

Maybe the reason he didn't respond to your last email is because he was having his own issues?

Don't be so quick to judge when you only see one side of the coin.

• Author

OK, it's true I shouldn't be so quick to judge, but... I guess I'm not sure what to do.

I'm just not going to respond for now. I'd like to be friends with him some day, but maybe just not yet.