"The ONE"

YOU ASK: "What are some signs?"

The best sign is when you remain happily married for 40 years or so. Anything short of that, you're in pretty risky territory.

Sorry, there are no signs except in your hearts where you can only feel them, you can't see them.

They will have a big, scarlett "O" on their forehead that only you can see. When you see that person, you will know! (And don't get confused on Ash Wednesday...remember, the mark on their forehead will be RED.)

How can you tell if he/she is "the one"? What are some signs?
Just Wondering

The reason I asked about how to tell if he/she is "the one" is because of this guy I have known for 6 years. We met back in high school but lived in different states (he lived in Kentucky and I live in Indiana, about an hour away). In high school it seemed like either I had a boyfriend or he had a girlfriend so timing was all wrong. After he graduated he joined the military and moved to Louisiana, I still live in Indiana. We talk all the time on the phone or online, we get together whenever he is on leave and I have tried to go there for summer and spring breaks but something has always happened where I couldn't go (like I decided to take summer classes or get a summer job). I would really like to move closer to him and be with him. Right now Im at a point in my life that I COULD pack up and move to another state, and I would just to be with him. I could see my self with him for the rest of my life. I have such strong feelings for him and I know he feels the same (he's told me). I have told him I loved him, more so as a person then in a relationship (I didnt want to scare him off since we arent in a r/s). I love everything about this guy, the way he smiles, the way he kisses, the way he holds me in his arms. I love the way he smells, I love the fact that he has a future and I love the fact that I would give up anything for him (he's the only guy I would give up anything for). I would do anything for him.

He's not the most handsome guy Ive ever wanted or dated but he melts my heart everytime we talk. I dont even care about the way he looks, but GOD do I love to see in in his uniform...he he he. We have talked about having an intament r/s but I wanted to wait because we arent in an exclusive, long term r/s.

There's only one thing that kinda worries me... back in high school he was a bit of a player and he has slept with a lot of girls. I, on the other hand, have only slept with a few guys. I know he has been checked out and I have also, but it still worries me that he would give himself to so many girls so freely.

I think I'm going to cry. You need to move where this guy is immediately.

You have to take his word that his playing days are over, although there is never a guarantee with anybody. How would Hillary ever know that her hubby, the president, would get a blow job from an intern in the White House Oval Office?

It sounds like the two of you are made for each other. Your post is a love story in itself. I wish I had what the two of you have. The only way you're going to find out if it will work is to go for it.

Please get back to us and invite us to the wedding. And make sure you provide plenty of tissues for the guests.

at the sake of sounding dumb, you JUST KNOW when someone is the one. You understand that while there might be some bad patches in the journey ahead of you, things will be all right, because it's a sure feeling. Hard to explain, but it's the same sure feeling I took a chance on with my husband 10 years ago!

good luck with the relationship, and don't let his previous relationships get to you. If he's committed to you as you seem to be to him, none of that is going to matter in the long run, because what you'll create together will be something new and something special when you do get together.

I don't normally wax sappy when it comes to relationships, but I do know that if you're willing to compromise and work things out so that your relationship (the "we" thing) benefits, it's worth the uncertainty you feel when you first embark on a relationship.

keep us posted!

quank

Just Wondering

I save extra tissues just for you!!!! HE HE HE.

I think I'm going to cry. You need to move where this guy is immediately. You have to take his word that his playing days are over, although there is never a guarantee with anybody. How would Hillary ever know that her hubby, the president, would get a blow job from an intern in the White House Oval Office?

It sounds like the two of you are made for each other. Your post is a love story in itself. I wish I had what the two of you have. The only way you're going to find out if it will work is to go for it. Please get back to us and invite us to the wedding. And make sure you provide plenty of tissues for the guests.

I say take the adventure to move. Go be with him, and if it doesnt work out, at least you tried. I would rather go for it than to wonder what if!

at the sake of sounding dumb, you JUST KNOW when someone is the one. You understand that while there might be some bad patches in the journey ahead of you, things will be all right, because it's a sure feeling. Hard to explain, but it's the same sure feeling I took a chance on with my husband 10 years ago! good luck with the relationship, and don't let his previous relationships get to you. If he's committed to you as you seem to be to him, none of that is going to matter in the long run, because what you'll create together will be something new and something special when you do get together.

I don't normally wax sappy when it comes to relationships, but I do know that if you're willing to compromise and work things out so that your relationship (the "we" thing) benefits, it's worth the uncertainty you feel when you first embark on a relationship. keep us posted! quank