IM - Relationship

My very good friend has been having an IM relationship with a guy she has known for over a year. They are both divorced with one child each who are very close in age and get along great. They chat all day on IM and go out occasionally, sometimes alone sometimes with the kids in tow. My questions is does this guy, who values her friendship and is not ready for a serious relationship, want to date her? He treats her like a girlfriend, talks to her about everything, goes out on dates with her but hasn't made a move on her at all other than a kiss goodnight. We can't figure it out??? I told her she's his girlfriend but he just doesn't know it. He consults her on everything, compares all other women to her, gives her his exact whereabouts at all times. Any thoughts out there? What kind of relationship is this???? He is giving totally mixed messages in my book. Please advise.

Why doesn't she talk to him?

A relationship which mostly IM-based is not healthy, trust me - speaking from personal experience.

I think she should try and resolve the situation by turning it into a normal dating relnship, and if it doesnt work - move on!

SOunds a bit like he's happy w/ where things are now, and she's now - so she better find out soon if things are gonna move or not.

Best of luck to u n yr friend...

My very good friend has been having an IM relationship with a guy she has known for over a year. They are both divorced with one child each who are very close in age and get along great. They chat all day on IM and go out occasionally, sometimes alone sometimes with the kids in tow. My questions is does this guy, who values her friendship and is not ready for a serious relationship, want to date her? He treats her like a girlfriend, talks to her about everything, goes out on dates with her but hasn't made a move on her at all other than a kiss goodnight. We can't figure it out??? I told her she's his girlfriend but he just doesn't know it. He consults her on everything, compares all other women to her, gives her his exact whereabouts at all times. Any thoughts out there? What kind of relationship is this???? He is giving totally mixed messages in my book. Please advise.

well, I met someone on line through a sigles community and we bacame friends after time. He's probably looking at her first through friendship becuase the r/s could be good for him right now. He may feel like if he turns their friendship into a r/s than he could loose his friend.

But I would keep the friendship over the r/s. Trust me sex only makes things turn out bad.

Why doesn't she talk to him? A relationship which mostly IM-based is not healthy, trust me - speaking from personal experience.

I think she should try and resolve the situation by turning it into a normal dating relnship, and if it doesnt work - move on! SOunds a bit like he's happy w/ where things are now, and she's now - so she better find out soon if things are gonna move or not. Best of luck to u n yr friend...