Are girls just as afraid to talk to guys as guys are to girls?

Yes. Most people in general, regardless of gender, age, etc., lack the mental capacity, social skill, and fortitude to attempt conversation with a new person unless they are ordered or otherwise cued to by a superior in their clique.

4dviceJunki3

It's the fear of rejection that holds you back. Although, sometimes you don't want to approach a girl and talk to her because YOU think that SHE will think that YOU'RE just trying to get into her pants but that also leads back to having fear of rejection.

You just have to have pride and confidence.

Think of it this way, if you were given the opportunity to walk into an interview and if you got the job, it would pay you 200K a year, how much confidence would you walk into that room with? I mean, it's the ambition, that drive that makes you want it and the more you have of it, the more confidence and effort you'll put in because you think of the result and you're like wow, here's a big opportunity for me, I don't want to pass on it.

This is just an example to prove your will power. What's the worst case scenario, you wont get the job and you'll tell yourself, "Hey, at least I tried my best!"

Next time you see a girl, if you look at her and if she gives you any eye contact, or a smirk even, walk up to her and talk to her. Just do it; you'll be nervous as hell but you do this a couple of times and trust me, it'll become second nature to you.

Jersey Shortie

Yes, I sometimes get nervous around men I am very attracted to. It's not easy either way.

Its true girls are just like jobs that pay, pay in sex... Yes girls are just as nervouse... in fact most lack balls (get it haha)... any ways its usualy up to the guy to break the ice so get to it playa... and if you can frame it like they have to prove themselves to you that way it makes it easier and kinda flirty

Women, particularly highly desirable women, are not the least bit afraid. They expect you not to be as well. If they sense fear, they will become critical of you. They watch your every movement and listen to each word in order to sense fear and/or doubt. They have the upper hand in this way, and only very insensitive or highly superior males who have no capacity for fear will get anywhere with them.

Women, particularly highly desirable women, are not the least bit afraid. They expect you not to be as well. If they sense fear, they will become critical of you. They watch your every movement and listen to each word in order to sense fear and/or doubt. They have the upper hand in this way, and only very insensitive or highly superior males who have no capacity for fear will get anywhere with them.

you took the question in a different light then I did... I thought it was are girls afraid to aproach the same way a guy is... but yeah a hot girl is used to and may even be anoyed by a guy hitting on her... she may find it cute that your nervouse so you have nothing to loose so get to it talk to some girls, flirt with them, be funny and confident women love that

I was being pretty sarcastic in my response. The fact is women are not all outgoing and dying to meet new people. Sometimes they feel insecure and lack confidence, and how they look has little bearing on that. I have lunch sometimes with a very pretty girl who really has it together. She trips over her words and feels foolish sometimes and occasionally says things she regrets out of nervousness.

Having confidence does not equate to never feeling fearful or unsure. It just means you are ok with it, and if things don't work out, you won't be kicking yourself over it.

It doesn't matter what the girl looks like, is if you know in your heart that you're someone worth being with, then your chances go way up. Even if you're stammering and wanting to run away, and you might be. But it shows through that you're basically doing the right thing.

On the other hand, if you don't believe in yourself, you might also be stammering and wanting to run, but the woman will understand that you're seeking her out as a way to fill a void in your life instead of choosing a mate for her.

When you have confidence, that is precisely what you're doing: you're choosing a mate for her. And many of them appreciate that and will trust your judgment.

4dviceJunki3

It also depends on what your intentions are behind talking to a, what you consider, a "beautiful" woman.

Whatever your intentions are, women can pick up on them and react to it so be careful.

And to quote johan: "When you have confidence, that is precisely what you're doing: you're choosing a mate for her. And many of them appreciate that and will trust your judgment."

This isn't necessarily always the case and I'm not flaming you on this but just using your point to prove another point. Like KMT stated, there are a lot of very good looking women out there that have been hit on by so many stupid guys. Now while KMT stated that they might find the nervousness as a "cute" thing, I personally think that they're just sick of the next guy they see. Their standards are raised, they're stuck-up, and now at this point, regardless of what YOUR intentions are, she's most probably going to turn you down if you try to talk to her; my point is that, confidence can only take you so far but after a given point, it's just really hard to just socialize with the girl due to her past experiences with guys just constantly hitting on them. Another point, other guys needs to seriously stop ruining it for the rest of us.

I mean, I myself, don't prefer one night stands so I don't go out looking for it at all. I've had the opportunity come across me multiple times and I've turned it down; Why, you ask? Well, to avoid the drama and/or headache. I prefer to meet a girl, get to know her, date her, and sleeping part will come and to me it's just more fun that way rather than in some random hotel or at the strangers apartment/house.

I've said this on another post and gotten flamed on it but I stick behind it; the city where I live in, you cannot just walk up to a pretty girl and talk to her, regardless of your intentions. She'll just give you that smile like "Okay, who are you?" and roll her eyes the opposite way to show a sign of "Get away from me you pervert!" This is what annoys me; the fact that it's much harder to find a mate now than it was back in the days say 10 yrs ago.

Overall, it's good to have confidence but if you do have confidence and you still get shot down, don't think it's anything you did; try to understand that there was and is only so much you can do. =)