I might get him fired

My boyfriend and I used to work at the same place. I quit and since then, have found myself comfortable just being a college student (catching up on units and all). Well, a couple of days ago, I visited Jon (my boyfriend) at work and noticed an old picture of all the employees on the wall with my head cut out. Jon told me that Dan (his boss, my old boss) did it. I got angry because Dan was always pretty much an ass to me and other people that wanted to quit. I tore down the picture and threw it away.

I was still angry because this was not the first time that Dan made me feel left out of the group (which was one of the reasons why I quit in the first place). I emailed a bogus letter to Dan and his boss, complaining about his customer service and his use of obscenities around customers (he did all these anyways, but no one ever complained about it). I signed a bogus name too.

Guilty, I told my boyfriend about it. He got angry because he was worried that the letter could be traced back to him and Dan would think that Jon made it up. You see, Dan and Jon are usually at odds because Dan promoted Henry (some other employee) just because Henry was older and conniving. Henry basically brainwashed Dan into liking him, no one likes Henry (All he wants is to move up the coporate ladder). Trust me, this is true. I know for sure because Henry has been suspected by Dan for ratting him out for something so that Henry could look good. If anything, I think Dan would suspect Henry wrote the letter, since he's such a rat.

He went to work today, angry at me. I apoligized, telling him that I was not thinking of him, only of me and that I was sorry. He said that it was okay, but I know he's still mad. On top of that, Jon's up for promotion soon.

I feel terrible because of the bad karma I'm causing and the risk that I put Jon in. He's coming over tonight after work. Can anyone tell me what to say to him to make him feel better?

HELP ME!!!

Just drop the subject. You've done enough damage. Most guys would immediately break up with a gal who pulled the kind of stunt you did. You're very lucky.

You've already apologized. Forgive yourself and go on about your business. The more you try to do to get yourself back in your boyfriend's good graces, the more the subject will be on everybody's mind.

Try to think a few times before you ever do something so petty again. The world is cruel enough. When somebody treats you with disrespect at work avoid them...or better...go find another job.

I want to butt in

I think that calling this girl petty and cruel was petty itself, Tony. You should probably take your own advice and not do more damage than what's been done. I'm sure she felt bad enough as it is and you wrote something that would hurt her. How is that helping, I wonder?

Selfish, people make mistakes. That's a part of life. People can be jerks and sometimes you want to get them back. Just try to remember, you never need to seek revenge on those type of people. My dad always said that you reap what you sow. And if people are cruel to you, (LIKE TONY) they will eventually get what they deserve. You have to remember though, that it goes both ways. So, try to be nice. I don't think that your boyfriend will lose his job. It takes a lot to fire someone and if they have no evidence, then they can't fire him.

I stand firmly by my post, be it cruel in your opinion or whatever. When people do incredibly stupid things they have to pay the price.

Also be advised that I do not have the ability to hurt other people. They do that to themselves. I can do no damage to anyone emotionally without their permission. I certainly hope you don't go through life letting what other people say affect you in major ways...or you will have a very unhappy life.

I would say that sending an email like this was one of the more stupid things a person could do in their lifetime...like certainly in the top ten...and, believe me, there are millions of stupid things people are capable of.

Whether this lady decides to react to what I say by feeling bad is her decision, not mine. I would hope she would be nice enough to herself not to be cruel to herself.

I want to butt in

You are not paying attention to her letter. If you read her letter carefully, that Dan guy had it coming anyways. It was a mistake what she did, but you have really no right judging her. What kind of advice giver are you? You should really think about quitting this service if you like to judge people by their mishaps. People write here for advice and people need advice because something went wrong, be it their fault or otherwise. It is not customary to hurt someone who just wants some help. Do you take pleasure in telling people how stupid they are? Is your life so bad that you have point out other people's faults to make yourself feel better?

YOU WRITE: " Is your life so bad that you have point out other people's faults to make yourself feel better?"

No, but you seem to do a pretty good job of it.