Fiance in prison and his brother just tried to crack on me

My fiance is 9 yrs younger than me and everyone from his family to mine cant understand what i see in him. I am well off with a towing and body shop business, two kids, two cars, a suburban home and a decent bank account and he is separated from his wife of 10 yrs, they have 5 children together, he has no money but does work with his family construction business. He just got locked up cuz his wife is scorned that he filed for divorce, so she claims he threatened her life. But this man has treated me like a queen and much better than anyman i have ever had that had money. I feel he loves me completely.

Anyway, his brother texts me this am and says that he is mesmorized by me and that i am a queen and basically that he thinks he is more worthy of my time than his brother.

Should i tell my fiance?

I would tell your fiance'. I would tell him because, not only is it the right thing to do, but suppose his brother try to brush up on you unexpectedly, and your boyfriend walk in,or one of his relatives. You don't want your boyfriend to think that you initiated it or was all for it. I would just tell him.

WOW.. nice family.. one is in prison and the brother hits on his soon to be SIL... and you still want to be part of it!!!!! :eek:

They can just put you in prison if someone says you threatened their life without any evidence?

• Author

she had a male leave a voicemail threatening her life. she also took all 5 of her children to the detectives and coherced them to say that their daddy said he was going to kill their mother. she has had him locked up 7 times. people beleive that she is a battered woman, yet she never changes her phone number. she cut herself with a screwdriver, burned herself with an iron. basically she is a sick individual. he is on probation because of a case with her. she is named as the defendent on his case. therefore, everytime this witch with a b claims he does something they lock him up.

They can just put you in prison if someone says you threatened their life without any evidence?

Yep..at least in my state they can. Ridiculous isn't it?

OH and yes, I'd tell him about the brother. I hope you also gave the brother a piece of your mind.

What would happen if the OP were to tell the police that her fiance's EX threatened her life? Would she go to jail?

What would happen if the OP were to tell the police that her fiance's EX threatened her life? Would she go to jail?

Yep .. I guess if you don't like someone's face.. you just have to say that he threatened to kill you... :confused:

Crestfallen_KH

Trust me, when they are separated and want you, they'll all say their wives are psycho crazy b*tches. Maybe you've seen it, I don't know, but I'm guessing a lot of the information of how "awful" she is second hand. How long have they been separated?

Regardless of what you think of her, she will forever be in your lives as mother to his FIVE children. You have to be prepared to deal with her and the fact that he'll be paying some pretty stiff alimony and you'll become instant stepmommy. You say he has no money? Well, be prepared to have his wages garnished and to foot the bills for everything. I hope YOU have a job at least so you guys can put food on the table.

I'm not sure what to do about the disloyal bro-in-law. Frankly, I think that's the least of your problems.

• Author

r u correct when you say the brother situation is the least of my problems. The wife being awful is not from him alone, but from his friends, his mom, his dad, his uncle...yes it's all his family, but they have known this woman since she was 16. they have watched her do things and have stepped in the past. But he kept going back, so eventually they got tired of it and started to mind their own business. i've been around long enough to know men always say their ex's are crazy, but i have voice mails from this chick saying some pretty sick stuff.

i do need to think about her being in our life for a long time causing trouble. but i lost my husband to a psycho. it takes two to be crazy and i just fell back and let her have him and now they play house with my two kids. i will pray that she just accepts that their relationship is over. they have been separated for two years off and on.

JohnnyBlaze

Flowers, personally I wouldn't tell your fiancé. I can't see any good coming from it right now. Your guy's life is in turmoil as it is. Whether or not he is found guilty, his life won't be the same. His life is flashing before his eyes, and it's scaring the s__t out of him.

He's not sleeping well, he doesn't know who he can trust, and he'll be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. The one thing that he can rely on is his family. If you do tell him what his brother did, it'll remove his last line of trust and psychologically crush him. Not only will he not be able to even trust his own blood, but there is a possibility that he'll start wondering if anything did happen between you two. Even though it's not true, the thought will be there nonetheless.

He will probably do something rash towards his brother in retaliation (presuming he gets out on bail pending trial). As much as I agree that the brother deserves a beating for making a move on you, in this case it would be very bad for your guy. It would prove a pattern of violence, even toward immediate family members. That will just give his ex more ammo in the trial, and that's the last thing he needs right now.

Tell his brother that you're flattered but nothing will ever happen between you two. And, as others have said, keep the text message stashed away, just in case the brother tries to push the matter. If he shows class and lets it die, then you do the same.

Flowers, tell your guy that, for what it's worth, I'm pulling for him. I know I can't do much for him, but it's always nice to know that someone out in the world believes you in times like these. And one more favour; when he's finally cleared of these BS charges, take him down to Cancun and give him the craziest, wildest, hottest, drunkest party week he's ever had. After what he's going through, he'll need it.

Yes,absolutely. I have a good friend who is going through a similar matter right now, and I've seen the hoops he is jumping through (even though her own statements grossly contradict her allegations). It's simply astounding how easily a man can be locked up simply on a woman's word, without any corroborating evidence whatsoever.