Credit card info stolen

laRubiaBonita

My sister had her bank card/ credit info stolen last week. There were about 14 charges to some international phone sex number.

We all (friends & family) think it’s her crap boyfriend that stole the info…. especially since he “just noticed” some of the same charges on his card.

I want to know if there is anyway to get him investigated for card theft and fraud?

I do not know how to get solid proof.

I do know that her info was used on a website to pay, but I do not know much about how these phone sex things work?

Some background: he has cheated on her soo many times, it is pathetic that she is still with hi….. even at her bday party in june he got some girls phone number.

Also he can’t keep a job, so when my sis told me he noticed he had charges too, I asked when his were dated, 10-17. if you do not have much money, wouldn’t you notice sooner if you had someone draining your account? My sisters charges started 10-29.

This is just waaaaay to shady, and I want to nail this boy.

Is there some way to find the isp address of the computer in which the charges were made from?

I have told my sister to ask him if she can see his bank records to see what really has been going on.

Does anybody know?

take it to the police and let them instruct her how to proceed. They'll also place charges against the guy for misappropriated use of the card ...

I don't enough about it to really advise but I do believe that if she wasn't responsible for the charges and the CC company took the charges off her account then she can not do anything.

The CC card company can though as they are the one with the damages.. by removing the charges your sister has no damages to be able to press charges..

She wasn't the one wronged in the end.. the CC card company was.

I would think that if she could prove it was him and he signed her name then she would have damages as far as forgery is concerned.