talking to a girl

There is this girl I see around campus everywhere... Literally like 3 times a day. I think she is gorgeous... I know that in the traditional sense, she is not "hot" (ie. by my room mates standards) but for some reason there is something about her that I find attractive. Regardless of all of that, I'll jsut ask my question... how do you approach a girl you have never spoken a word to and for all you know, at this point, you have nothing in common with?

Just say hi, then tell her she looks gorgeous, and that she is a pretty woman, then leave. It takes balls, but you gotta go for it. At least she will know. It won't be in vain.

I think that the best way to approach such a girl is not to seem like your coming on to her, it’ll likely scare her off. Be more indirect. Like walk up to her and say, “Well hello there”, while looking deep into her eyes, and smile. Watch for how she reacts. If she doesn’t, it doesn’t necessarily mean that she doesn’t like you, some women just don’t know how to react so do nothing. Just keep saying hi to her whenever you see her.

If she shows interest then start talking. You can start with, “nice day we’re having” or something. Don’t expect anything right up front, just to get friendly with her. Be flirty and happy. Remember, women seem to be most impressed by confidence. It is probably better to walk up along side of her rather than to approach from the front. If your feeing too uncomfortable or run out of things to say, just say something like, "I gotta go, see ya around" You can always approach her again on another day.

I don’t know if this applies to everyone, but it seems to me that every woman who when I saw her around made me feel really interested, greatly attracted, yet who I knew very little about. Once I approached her, I discovered that we really did have much in common. It’s like I’m most attracted to those women who I most get along with even before I know if we’d get along or not. Sometimes you just have to trust your gut and go for it.

You see her 3 freakin times a day! Say hi with a smile and make sure you make some good eye contact. Ask her how she's doing, etc. Do you guys just always cross in opposite directions, or do you ever happen to be walking to the same place? If you ever have a chance to walk with her a bit, ask her name, what she studies, etc. Just get the convo started.

• Author

usually its in passing, kind of-ish. I usually see her after my one class cuz I think she has class in the room next to the one I'm in, so she is waiting in the hall to get in as I am leaving. I see her going the opposite direction on my way to class later in the day. And like 9/10 she is at dinner with her friends at the same time I am with mine.

There is this girl I see around campus everywhere... Literally like 3 times a day. I think she is gorgeous... I know that in the traditional sense, she is not "hot" (ie. by my room mates standards) but for some reason there is something about her that I find attractive. Regardless of all of that, I'll jsut ask my question... how do you approach a girl you have never spoken a word to and for all you know, at this point, you have nothing in common with?

I'm curious as to why you mention that she is not "hot" in a "traditional" sense. Why the need to mention this?

OK, on how to approach a girl... I'd say, just go up to her and tell her you find her attractive. Most girls are not used to a guy being straight up like that (they're usually used to dumb pick-up lines and endless staring)...so she'll be pleasantly surprised that you are confident enough to just approach her!

• Author

ehh, I just meant that I think she is hot, but I know if I said anything to my friends, they would be like ummm, sure thing dude. whatever you say and roll their eyes or something. Whatever, I'm over it.

ehh, I just meant that I think she is hot, but I know if I said anything to my friends, they would be like ummm, sure thing dude. whatever you say and roll their eyes or something. Whatever, I'm over it.

Run up to her and give her a "rip down" like the gymnasium scene in the movie Weird Science. If that doesn't get her attention, nothing will, and she's a bitch or a dike, and she doesn't deserve you. Subsequently re-coup your ego by doing male oriented and slightly homo-erotic behaviour such as ass slapping,hi-fiving and male bonding with beer. Life is good. :lmao:

Walk to her, look straight into her eyes and say:

'Wanna f*ck?'

:laugh:

No, seriously, say 'hi, how are you... you look great today' and just watch her reaction.

Come on... you can do it... let us know if she slaps you or something... LOL (just kidding)

Walk to her, look straight into her eyes and say:

'Wanna f*ck?'

:laugh:

No, seriously, say 'hi, how are you... you look great today' and just watch her reaction.

Come on... you can do it... let us know if she slaps you or something... LOL (just kidding)

he he he

Well that line only really works with prostitutes but maybe it's her major ? I say try it. lol

ill be sure to let you know the reaction... if i ever work up the balls to just do it.

Tell her that you are a robot from the future , sent back in time to give one lucky lady a night to remember... OK maybe not.

I'm not a fan of the "you look pretty today" comment. To me it's like saying "your eyes are so pretty" or "I'm full of corny cliche's". I would suggest perhaps talkabout something random, "so what is your major? Wow, that is really cool, I've always thought that was a cool thing, so what's it all about? what are you taking?" Then look for positive or negative responses. LOOK VERY interested and such. Now, If she doesn't seem interested.. perhaps drop her. That or try again maybe once more, perhaps ask her friends if she has a boyfriend (even if you know the answer to the question).

She is just a person, not a big deal, I guess I have to admit I've always been able to get by on my good looks, also speaking to the opposite sex is easier for me than probably hanging out with the guys. Also, you should dress well (not like the bunch of frat slobs you are), hopefully have some intelligence about you, and some other obvious crap. lol good luck.

I'm not a fan of the "you look pretty today" comment. To me it's like saying "your eyes are so pretty" or "I'm full of corny cliche's". I would suggest perhaps talkabout something random, "so what is your major? Wow, that is really cool, I've always thought that was a cool thing, so what's it all about? what are you taking?" Then look for positive or negative responses. LOOK VERY interested and such.

I'm sorry, but when I was in college, the whole "what's your major" chat got REALLY boring after the 50th time! It's pretty obvious guys don't give a **** about what you're studying. I would have found it much more refreshing if one of them had randomly said "hey, you look pretty today". Now that would have gotten my attention!

I'm sorry, but when I was in college, the whole "what's your major" chat got REALLY boring after the 50th time! It's pretty obvious guys don't give a **** about what you're studying. I would have found it much more refreshing if one of them had randomly said "hey, you look pretty today". Now that would have gotten my attention!

LOL good point Lisa. I guess I'm actually genuenly interested in people's major, their goals, and so forth - I think it's a good angle if it doesn't come off as artificial. An added benefit is that you can weed out those people who will be working at Starbucks post graduation or joining the peace corps. ;-).

Personally, I think something that can further conversa is the way to go; If I were like hey, I'm liking your prettiness today, I'd be afraid she would say thanks and walk off. Conversely, I've had conversations about what she is wearing in detail complementing her style and showing that I know something about it as well. That is a close as I would get to a complement. But that is for advanced daters, I don't think our budding grasshopper is ready to discuss the differences between Ann Taylor and the Loft. :-)

Gosh are all guys like you on campus! lol i hope not. if you find that girl attractive say hi how are u and smile!!! If you get a good reaction like a big smile and the eyes well def. talk to her again when u see her! As nike put its "JUST DO IT!"

• Author

well, as i expected i pansied out today. saw her walking my direction, and i was going to do it but i like veered away at the last moment. tomorrow. i AM going to do it tomorrow. its weird, i just like freeze up when it comes down to it.