Attending "White Trash" Costume Party on Sat. What Should I Wear?

I am totally lost on this!!! Any suggestions? I don't want to be too hookerish. I did pick up a Poison (band) shirt and have some jeans with rips in them (which I actually wear, haha), what else should I do?

Thanks in advance.

One of my friends just attended a party of this theme. They even had a mullet race?

Can you stuff your shirt to appear pregnant? Giant hair and loads of bad make up. Papst Blue Ribbon can in hand?

You could ask various men at the party if they are your baby's daddy.:laugh:

You have to be careful with wearing 80's band clothes and ripped jeans - that's very 80's, but not necessarily clearly "white trash."

Think more like looking like a physically dirty person who's wearing clothes straight out of 1992. That should work.

How about a couple of kitchen (they are white) trashbags with holes cut in them for your head, arms, legs?

:p

I guess I just don't cotton to the term "white trash."

On another note, however...

I once saw the cutest costumes at a Halloween party.

The couple was pregnant - like 7-8 months along. They both had on big trash bags with signs around their necks. Her's said "I'm Hefty" and his said "And I'm Glad." Cute!

• Author

Mustang Sally - Totally cute, awwww...almost makes me want a baby, ALMOST!!! HAHA

Underpants, Okay, I am totally asking people if they are my babies daddy.

I am also going to write, Fu*K YOU on my Knuckles to make it look like a tatto, I was also going to draw a heart, rose that says KFED on my cleaveage.

Stargazer, for the shirt and jeans thing, what if I cut the shirt to make it a really low tank top and have some of my red lace bra sticking out the top, would that count? I was going to roll one pant leg up and maybe get some platform flip flops.

P.S. I am going to google recent pics of Brittney and see what I can find.

• Author

Underpants, also when everyone gets there they are giving out beer foam holders, haha. I am not sure what we are drinking, prob. something cheap.

Oh no,

What is wrong with platform flops.:confused::laugh:

Of the pictures I saw of the party my friend attended and that I ...missed. The pregnant chick was the funniest. I think she might have had some baby dolls also that were of course neglected here and there. Can you attain a kids stroller to haul around all your baby dolls? She wore just a sundress and had the pregnant stomach in addition.

I think the fake tattoos are funny however the Kfed thing...I don't know. How about two eagles fighting a snake? Or my gosh, the confederate flag maybe...oye.

I think you do need to have some portion of a bra showing. I would think you could get away with just a dropped strap. I guess it depends on how revealing you want to be.

I almost attended the party I was invited too but I was going to go older...way older. I wanted to do a sundress and rolled down panty hose and have tissues spewing from my cleavage. A bad wig and some terrible lipstick smeared across my face. I thought that was a lovely idea. I planned to get a walker and wanted to figure out how to attach a beer holder to it.

• Author

Haha, neglected kids, LOL. Wow, she went all out. Yes, I definitly thought about the bra strap thing.

Okay, the platform flip flops, to ME are a little trashy, but it depends on what you wear them with, I mean my sister wears them but I don't think she is trashy, she is just short, haha.

Okay, the tattoo with the eagle fighting the snake is perfect, I wonder where I could find one. I mentioned the KFED thing because Brittney was pictured on the invitation. HAHA. They are opening there motorhome and putting fake grass in front of it like they live in it. Okay, no offense to people who live in trailers, my grandpa, uncle and aunt do, nice double wides. HEHE. So I want to be conservative so I don't offend but not a party pooper, the tattoos will help.

Stargazer, for the shirt and jeans thing, what if I cut the shirt to make it a really low tank top and have some of my red lace bra sticking out the top, would that count? I was going to roll one pant leg up and maybe get some platform flip flops.

P.S. I am going to google recent pics of Brittney and see what I can find.

Platform flip flops would be AWESOME, but you have to get them DIRTY first. Or house slippers! And fake horrible tattoos! Make sure nothing matches too. Hehehehehe.

Now,

For your hair.

Will you be sporting a trucker cap. (Gas stations have the best selection). I once saw a purple one that said..."Redneck woman Hell Yea". Another gem I saw once was one that said "Who took the cork out of my Lunch".

Or you could just adorn a bandana.

Or just really big heavily hairsprayed and teased quaff.

You will need some gigantic bad jewelery that you can brag about purchasing on the ...QVC Network.

Sounds like a fun party.

LOVE the abandoned doll babies concept, and an ankle tattoo is a must.

Don't forget to black out a tooth or two. Bad dental work is de rigeour at these functions !

• Author

Hair, yes, yes and yes. I thought of all of those, personally I would rather wear the trucker hat, 1. I look great in a hat, 2. I have great hair, and would not want to grease it up and I rarely use products. So I think the hat. My BIL suggested that also.

Okay, so I need to go to a gas station and buy a trucker hat and fake tattoos, hey they might even have platform flip flops.

Ankle tattoo of a snake wrapping around my ankle. HAHA.

Don't forget to wear something with a Nascar or wrestling logo on it! :D

Also, a pack of generic cigarettes that LOOK like name brand ones are always a good white trash accessorie.

There's also the Dukes of Hazzard look of very short jean cutoffs and a midriffe length tight t-shirt. Wear only one flip-flop because you lost the other one in the backseat...

I am totally lost on this!!! Any suggestions? I don't want to be too hookerish. I did pick up a Poison (band) shirt and have some jeans with rips in them (which I actually wear, haha), what else should I do?

Thanks in advance.

The people who are going to be there are white trash or you have to dress like white trash? Could you be more specific in who qualifies as white trash? I don't shave on weekends but I do take a shower.

My first instinct (as a Louisianian) was to emulate Britney, but that is too easy.

You have had so many great suggestions!

I think tight clothing and neglected babies with dirty flip flops is a great start.

However, I have never seen anyone drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon in my area of trailer parks. I live in one, sorta, so I have hands on experience. Well, there's a trailer park down my road, anyways. They all haul their Bud Lite on their shoulders, coming from the supermarket less than 1/2 mile from my home.

To be real white trash you need to swear a lot. And definitely have scary dogs in addition to lots of kids.

That always makes me wonder.

Tattoos are optional in my trailer park world, but the less feminine the better.

And definitely have scary dogs

Don't you be dissing dogs. They can't help who their owners are. :p

A couple of rotties with big spiked collars would work. :laugh:

Don't you be dissing dogs. They can't help who their owners are. :p

A couple of rotties with big spiked collars would work. :laugh:

I'm a former Rottie owner myself.

Actually ,I'm just reasonably intelligent white trash!

My parents had so much hope for me! :lmao:

I should have mentioned that my son owned a spike collared pit bull...until the poor animal was shot by the local sheriff's dept.

He was a very strange animal, always kind to me and my kids, but showed a different personality to strangers and their pets.

His demise was not his fault, he was a rescued pet that didn't receive the appropriate socialization and it caused his demise.

He loved the people he loved, yet terrorized those unknown, including animals.

My son did not truly understand his responsibility to that dog.

I always thought he (the dog) was freaky, myself. Too freaky for my comfort. But that was a white trash dog, for sure.

I'm a former Rottie owner myself.

Actually ,I'm just reasonably intelligent white trash!

My parents had so much hope for me! :lmao:

You are far from white trash ddl. You've got so much compassion for people and you've helped so many on LS. And...you're one smart cookie. :)

Btw, lately, I've been wanting a Doberman. ;)

This thread is entertaining to me.

I like the one flip flop idea.

Also to those who find the idea of this type of party offensive...I hope/think it is all in good fun. Akin to a tarts and vicars. Just poking fun at sterotypes.

Will your husband be attending with you. If so I do suggest a stained wife beater, mullet and appropriate facial hair. Maybe you could use some blue eye shadow for ...bruise adorations.

The important thing is to stay in character.

I suggest beginning every sentence with the word... "Beau".

If a dog should be attending simply look at it and burp and say...'Beau, that dog don't hunt'...then grunt.

Also, never under estimate the power of a good loud "YEEEEE HAWWW"

Have fun.