Scared of confrontations....

flowerfairy142

My fiance and I have been together for 7 years. During all this time, we rarely fight. We've only had one major argument in which we spent 1 week without speaking to each other (this was two years ago). Other times it's not so much as verbal fighting, but if he has made me mad, I won't return his phone call...but it never lasts for more than one day. Now sometimes, I am so weak that I DO answer his phone call...but it is in an attempt to home to talk things out with him. Now I KNOW guys aren't fond about speaking about deep, emotional things...my guy included.

I think my problem is that I am just SO non-confrontational. I hate being in a fight with someone, most especially him. I mean sometimes I have had to put my foot down and we will end the day on a sour term and then THATS when my imagination and emotions get the better of me. I start thinking of what life would be like without him, etc and it just gets the better of me.

I use to be super weak...I know as I'm getting older (I am 24 now) it has improved but I still feel that it has taken a toll on our relationship somewhat. He also has the bad habbit of, when he occasionally goes out with some friends, to NOT call me about it and I am left calling him to figure out whether in fact we are going out that night or no. He doesn't do it that often...quiet rare in fact. My speculation for this is that he also wants to avoid confrontation by having to tell me that he chose to go out with his friends over me that night. I mean, I don't give him hell if he wants to go out with some friends at all...by all means, he could use some quality guy time. What really IRKS me is how he doesn't bother to call me to tell me about those plans...which leaves me without any plans of my own for the evening. It's like some sick way of controlling me or something...

What can i do? Please, any advice would suffice. THANK YOU SO MUCH.