Explain why you stare and then look away

Curtisicourteous

I have a muscular build and guys tell me I have a nice face (no **** I don't get down like that), but whenever I see females staring at me they quickly look away when I catch them looking . I thought if they found you attractive they were supposed to hold eye contact, and I don't know whether I should approach them or not because I am thinking maybe they are not interested and that is why they don't want me to know they were looking at me.

Can someone explain this strange phenomenon to me? Thanks

Trialbyfire

Not too many girls like to be caught staring, lol. They will look away unless you initiate conversation. Once you've done so, it denotes a mutual interest and they will either get shy about it and blush or return your eye-contact boldly. It will vary from girl to girl, depending on her confidence level, her level of interest and what her schtick is. Some girls will shoot you glances from beneath lowered lashes at this point, a flirtatious trick.

Speaking of that, I recently had this situation...

I was sitting in class, I was looking in the direction of this girl. Suddenly she looked at me. As I usually do, I just gave her a little bit of eye contact, but she didn't look away. We kept looking at each other for like 5 seconds, and then it felt VERY uncomfortable I had to look away. I catch her sometimes looking at my direction.

Do you think she is interested, or was she just playing along? It felt a little weird TBH.

If you are a hunk, they are insecure. If they glance furtively and then quickly look away, believe me, it's good. A sign of respect. Pretend you don't notice. Don't stare back, it's wimpy.

Speaking of that, I recently had this situation...

I was sitting in class, I was looking in the direction of this girl. Suddenly she looked at me. As I usually do, I just gave her a little bit of eye contact, but she didn't look away. We kept looking at each other for like 5 seconds, and then it felt VERY uncomfortable I had to look away. I catch her sometimes looking at my direction.

Do you think she is interested, or was she just playing along? It felt a little weird TBH.

That does sound ackward. :laugh:

We don't constantly look unless there's a reason to. If she's always looking at you then I would say so.

If you are a hunk, they are insecure. If they glance furtively and then quickly look away, believe me, it's good. A sign of respect. Pretend you don't notice. Don't stare back, it's wimpy.

I agree....people look at things they like or are attracted to and avoid looking at things they don't like. The key is if she looks at you multiple times (like 3 or 4)....if she just looks at you once it don't mean anything. If you get the multiple looks plus a smile from her then approach her. Soon you will be lifting up her skirt and fondling her ****.

If you get the multiple looks plus a smile from her then approach her. Soon you will be lifting up her skirt and fondling her ****.

Getting some, lol! I swear sometimes I think that's all men think about. :laugh:

Well I would say that if you do catch a girl looking at you and staring away its because you attracted her. So she maybe shy and it depends on how confident they are to keep staring at you to really notice there interest. If you like her then approach her and be sure she is single to mingle. :)

Hasn't anyone seen 'The 40 year old virgin' where one of the male characters is coaching the 'virgin' to check out women without being SEEN to be checking them out?

Apparently, women have much wider peripheral vision so we can look at men without them noticing. Men nearly always get 'caught'. Point is if you catch a woman looking at you, 9 times out of ten she (consciously or subconsciously) wanted you to see her looking. It is ALWAYS without exception a good sign.

It is our signal for you to come over.

Here's another one: if a woman looks at you, smile. Smiles cannot entirely be controlled consciously, she'll smile back reflexively, and it will make her feel good about you. Gotta be quick about it though, you must do it automatically, or she'll look away before you muster the smile. Train it in the street.

Trialbyfire

Honestly, men don't like to get busted when looking at girls either. Note...mirrored sunglasses. No, you're not cops gents....

LaughMachine

I do this all the time. When I'm staring at a really cute guy( who I see is in confident mood) I tend to look away out of shyness. Especially when I'm at work and catch someones eye. I look away because I get all nervous :-( wah

I'm so self-conscious of this now. I went to the store and was afaid to look at anyone. Then I was watching to see if someone was looking at me. Ahhh..you guys. :laugh: :laugh:

Trialbyfire

lol, cure it by staring and holding eye-contact. You'll either freak him out and he'll run or hey, contact made. ;)

lol, cure it by staring and holding eye-contact. You'll either freak him out and he'll run or hey, contact made. ;)

:laugh: Yeah I do that. NOT!

Trialbyfire
:laugh: Yeah I do that. NOT!

There was this one time I noticed this drop dead gorgeous guy checking out a couple of gorgeous babes from behind. He noticed me staring because I didn't break eye contact, he then went red because he saw me laughing at him, then gave me the cheekiest smile ever and winked. It was pretty funny. The guy had confidence to burn. :laugh:

Stop staring at me IpAncA....:eek::p

Sorry I like to stair.

But you know all I have to do is click on your profile and I can stare at you all I want. And you wouldn't know. :p

Sorry I like to stair.

But you know all I have to do is click on your profile and I can stare at you all I want. And you wouldn't know. :p

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*Riddler heads to the hills*:laugh:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*Riddler heads to the hills*:laugh:

You know you want people to look at you! You're not fooling me. :laugh:

You have no idea who stairs at your pic. Hmm....wonder who does.

There was this one time I noticed this drop dead gorgeous guy checking out a couple of gorgeous babes from behind. He noticed me staring because I didn't break eye contact, he then went red because he saw me laughing at him, then gave me the cheekiest smile ever and winked. It was pretty funny. The guy had confidence to burn. :laugh:

:laugh: I'm sure he did.

You know you want people to look at you! You're not fooling me. :laugh:

You have no idea who stairs at your pic. Hmm....wonder who does.

I think that everyone likes that kind of attention.:p

I think that everyone likes that kind of attention.:p

I like the attention myself. BUT the right kind of attention.

I had this nasty foreign butt ugly man looking at me while I was in my car today. Gave me the creeps. :sick::eek: :eek:

I like the attention myself. BUT the right kind of attention.

I agree, it has to be right.