How do you spend your time?

EnigmasMuse

How do you and your spouse or SO usually spend your evenings together?

Do you spend quailty time together in the evenings?

I'm not even saying it has to be every single night, but at least some.

I think that was one of the main things that was the straw that broke the camels back that ended my marraige. I'm not saying it was the only thing, but it did contribute to it.

He never seemed to have time for me much. He worked, and when he got home it was straight to the computer to just surf the web. For hours on end. Or he would disappear by himself outside when the weather was nice, cooped up in his work building. I guess it was to much to ask for him to watch some TV together, eating popcorn etc.

Wouldn't you feel like your spouse didn't care or want to be with you, if all he ever did was something else besides spend some time with you?

I'm not saying we NEVER did anything together, but when we did, he acted like he was doing me a favor just to be with me or hang out together. I wanted someone who wanted to be with me because they loved and cared for me not because they felt they had too.

So I was just curious, how others spend their evenings together?

1. finish up any work that needs to be done.

2. chat about what happened, what is supposed to happen.

3. dinner

4. flip on the boob tube maybe do some laundry

5. usually clean up the dishes

6. dirty chatter then sex

7. sleep

optional - argue over something :lmao:

Pretty much that is it every night. Weekend days we are usually working together/same location but maybe not on the same project.

We spend every night together unless there is something work related to deal with. Even then I take the laptop into bed while he follows to watch TV next to me.

Sometimes she will cook, and sometimes I will, but alot of the times we cook together, and chat about our day over a glass of wine.

Eat, and still chat about things.

Sometimes we will watch TV together, or get in the bed and she will either read or do one of her crafts, scrapbooking, and I'll read too, or whatever.

Its important you spend time together, and even more important that you both want too. :)

I get home from work and we kiss hello and I say hi to the kids. I unwind for a few minutes and check my email.

I play with the youngest or he helps me cook dinner or I occupy him while my wife cooks dinner. It depends. The oldest does homework.

The oldest sets the table and we spend the rest of dinner trying to eat/talk a little while coaxing the youngest to eat and telling the oldest to stop talking for five seconds and eat.

We clean the table together and either I continue entertaining the youngest or we have family time and watch a movie or some cartoons with the kids. By this time it is around 7:00 and it is upstairs time for the youngest and we start the bed time routine. My wife and I switch on who goes up first while the other spends time with our oldest.

Boys go to sleep and either she watches her soap that she taped during the day while I play a game for an hour or so (this part varies) and then we spend the rest of the night watching TV and chatting and sometimes having sex (which happens more often lately :bunny: ).

Wake up and do it all over again.

One thing I learned from my past relationships was that I don't have to do the same things I always do...was it possible that you could have gone out to his 'work building' and asked if there was anything he needed help with, I think it's important that we not only do our own things but we learn to do things with our SO that they like to do as well, it's a two-way street. A lot of my ex's liked to work on cars and instead of just sitting and doing my own thing I would ask if there was anything I could do for them, even if it was just to be there for company and hand them a tool every now and again, I learned a lot about tools and cars this way too and I expanded my mind in the process. The only problem I have had is getting them to do the same for me and the things I like(d) to do.

I'm not even saying it has to be every single night, but at least some.

I think that was one of the main things that was the straw that broke the camels back that ended my marraige. I'm not saying it was the only thing, but it did contribute to it.

He never seemed to have time for me much. He worked, and when he got home it was straight to the computer to just surf the web. For hours on end. Or he would disappear by himself outside when the weather was nice, cooped up in his work building. I guess it was to much to ask for him to watch some TV together, eating popcorn etc.

Wouldn't you feel like your spouse didn't care or want to be with you, if all he ever did was something else besides spend some time with you?

I'm not saying we NEVER did anything together, but when we did, he acted like he was doing me a favor just to be with me or hang out together. I wanted someone who wanted to be with me because they loved and cared for me not because they felt they had too.

So I was just curious, how others spend their evenings together?

I can't laugh but that sounds like my friend.

• Author
EnigmasMuse

Wow, lots of great responses. I'm glad to see how others spend their time with their spouses, its so nice. :love:

kimberlyk, yes, I tried to get involved with some of the things he was doing. Many time I went out in the building and asked if I could help and even started too before without asking, only for him to say he ddin't need my help etc.

He never really took any interest in the things I did either. I do think its important we all have individual things we do, I wasn't meaning that. I was meaning how do you spend your time with your spouse or SO. We all need time apart to do out on things, but its also important to come together as a partnership and do things and spend time together as well.

I later on found out after the divorce was underway, he did NOT care to be married anymore. he verbally told me this, and he said that is why he would retreat into his own little shell or world. By surfing the web, or not spending time with me, because he did not want too. Him webbing or outside was his way to get away from me and not have to have any kind of responsibilty to being married. It took years of this happening before I had enough, weird huh?

He couldn't even go to family reunions without acting like he was doing me a favor. And vacations, the same thing. We hardly ever went anywhere, and when we did, he acted like he didn't want to be there. I refused to keep living my life like that. I was better off without him.

Anyway, great replys, keep em coming. :)

There are days when I'm busy so I don't have time to just drop everything. Then there's times when I'm not and then usually whatever happends.

There's no set schedule of things so it depends.

It's usually spent in a variety of ways. The most typical is:

Eat dinner

Work on some things individually, sometimes while chatting

Play a video game/watch a TV show

Some tomfoolery - usually consisting of tickling, wrestling, and making fun of each other

Chatting and sex

Bedtime

We play poker with friends on Thursdays, sometimes we go out for happy hour, and sometimes we have friends over for board games. Once in a while we do something spontaneous, like catching a drive-in movie, crashing a friend's blind date, or going out to learn swing dancing. A good number of our friends live close by, so we get out quite often.