And now for something different...

Ages 30 and 39

You tell a man "I love you" and he often replies with a giggle/nervous laugh and says, "No you don't" tee-hee

Is he:

A) Looking for further affirmation....i.e. "Tell me again, I need to hear it"

B) I TRULY don't believe you do.

C) I'm feeling scared that you don't love me as much as I do you and need to hear it again...

Now to add more to the story, one yr. relationship....no problem saying the I love you back and even initiates it...but occasionally instead of "I love you too" it's....."No you don't" (kind of coming across as kidding....)

Is he "kidding"? or......more to the story..(see above options or add one or two of your own)

In my experience it has been, "no you dont, tee hee" meaning "I really hope you don't because it means I will have to take your feelings seriously". That is my experience in my relationship though. It doesn't mean anything.

Maybe, you should just ask him?

Ask him why he does and says this, and what he means by it, or is he just joking around.

You know I don't know myself. Thats odd. He can say it and you can't without him shuting it down. I would talk to him about this and see why he is saying what he says.

hope guest comes back.

i vote d) all of the above.

does he act insecure in any other ways when it comes to the relationship? Who's older?

After the first four posts in this thread, everything went off topic. One member posted using four different usernames.

If you have no intention of addressing the subject post of a thread, please move on and start your own thread and hope all will stay on your topic. If you just want to banter, start a bantering topic.

Just please respect the threads of others who are seeking serious advice or information.

BEFORE YOU POST IN A THREAD, LOOK AT THE VERY FIRST POST IN THAT THREAD. IF THE POST YOU ARE ABOUT TO PUT UP HAS NO RELATIONSHIP TO THAT TOPIC THEN PLEASE DON'T PUSH THE "SUMBIT REPLY" BUTTON.

Many thanks for your cooperation.

hope guest comes back.

i vote d) all of the above.

does he act insecure in any other ways when it comes to the relationship? Who's older?

Ok, to be a little more clearer...

We BOTH say the I love yous. Nothing usually weird about it, but sometimes he does the "No, you don't etc" as mentioned above.

Also, at times he will say (if i didn't see him all day) "So.......did you miss me?"

Like I said, it is only once in a while, but trying to figure out if he is a bit insecure and may feel he "cares more than I do" or something and may need more validation....or, one of the other scenarios as mentioned in the original post....

Umm... is he the shy type? I myself am of this type, and sometimes, when my girl says "I love you", I start to think "hmm.. I need to reply with something smart. Something not as obvious as 'Love you too'. Something funny...".

Well, I never thought about "No you don't, tee hee", but it looks pretty funny to me :laugh:

Maybe that's what he was thinking :) I wouldn't take it seriously, unless you see some other signs.

well, if it were me, I would just be messing with you, to make you think, to get you to say it again etc. Just to be unpredictable i guess.

to get you to say it again etc.

Right. To "get you to say it again".....is it because you NEED to hear it again? Like you aren't sure they are 100% with the statement? For reassurance?

Well while your playing it drives women nuts because then we question ourselves as to whether or not you love us back or believe us.

Real smooth guys....

Well while your playing it drives women nuts because then we question ourselves as to whether or not you love us back or believe us.

Real smooth guys....

You are welcome :p

Its all very simple, really....

He is bored. And wants to throw an extra spark in there, so he throws in the ever sure firestarter "no you dont" just to create a cliffhanger. It was nothing really, just an attempt to brush a little danger and suspense into the relationship. Because lets face it...there is only so many times you can say "i love you" without it sounding blase, and totally expected.

By saying "no you dont" it adds an air of suspense....

Does he believe me? Or not? Tune in next week...