Drifting Apart

Annie

Tony,

For what it's worth, I agree with your analysis of this situation 100%. I get real fed up with people's excuses.

People make time for things they really care about, and

that is the truth.

I have an ex boyfriend I'd like to introduce this girl to.

He acted the exact same way, of course, the circumstances were a little different. Same scenario. I think they should get together and freeze each other to death!!!

I have always believed that time is one of the most important gifts one can give to another. It shows the other person that he/she is important and special. There seems to be too much emphasis on me, myself and I in today's society.

Excuses are one's way of saying - I don't want to be with you, rather than being honest with the other. I think this guy should just pull back, and when Miss selfish, iceburg comes out of her freezer, she'll wonder just where her guy is. Hopefully, he will have moved on. As long as he's in the wings, waiting she'll do just what she pleases and when she pleases.

I don't know if you agree with this - but, been there, done that, as they say.

I agree with every single word you have said.

And I never cease to be amazed by posts where someone's girlfriend or boyfriend wants time out from the relationship to get some "space." A lot of people buy that crap. If you're with someone you care about, you don't need space.

People make time for what they want to do and who they want to be with. The biggest problem is there aren't enough people like you who realize this. People don't want to face the painful truth that somebody they care about doesn't want to have anything to do with them. No, that isn't pleasant, but the acceptance of the fact can sure be liberating and free one up for looking for someone who does care.

Good post. You probably should have put it just beneath my post below...but I'll go back down there and put a message to look up here.