Need Help With a Decision!

Hi: I just finished taking a college class last Dec. I met someone that I really get along with and have a lot of the same interests. I thought I could feel some really nice vibes. Anyway, I then found out that he has a girlfriend that he has just moved in with. He is 30, I am 38 and the girlfriend is 19! We were going to take a class together this quarter but I backed out. He recently emailed me and asked me if I'd take a class with him in March. Should I write back and just say no, should I take the class and just act the same, or should I say no and explain why. I'm afraid of getting too attached and hurt! Thanks. Sue

Emotional Caldron

Hi 'Need help'! From my point of view, you must do what it takes to make you happy. Cecilie makes good sense in response to this. Do what will make you happy for the long haul. You may only need closure to get through this. Don't leave yourself open to any hurt by him. Your closure may be as simple as emailing back with a negative response. You really wouldn't even need to explain totally. Take a course that YOU want to and enjoy life by YOUR terms! Don't let others play with your happiness!

Hi: I just finished taking a college class last Dec. I met someone that I really get along with and have a lot of the same interests. I thought I could feel some really nice vibes. Anyway, I then found out that he has a girlfriend that he has just moved in with. He is 30, I am 38 and the girlfriend is 19! We were going to take a class together this quarter but I backed out. He recently emailed me and asked me if I'd take a class with him in March. Should I write back and just say no, should I take the class and just act the same, or should I say no and explain why. I'm afraid of getting too attached and hurt! Thanks. Sue