bestfriend to boyfriend?

chyning

My best friend is a wonderful man, and I regret that I didn't see it sooner. When I met him, I was having an affair with a real jerk, they were freinds and later roommates, so he was witness to this bad relationship. I borrowed his shoulder to cry on more than once. I thought I was in love with this man and the relationship lasted three years. I moved to the same city he lives in now to finish school. The final break up was eight months ago, but in truth, the relationship was over long before then. Before I moved, my best friend were out drinking and he told me he loved me. I have not forgotten that in two years. I have grown up a lot since my last relationship and my father's heart attack six month's ago has given me a different outlook on life. I want this man to be more than just my friend, and I don't know how to tell him so before he moves off to his new job, putting even more physical distance between us. But I don't want him to feel like a target of rebound either, because I don't think he believes that I am over this other man. How do I approach him about it with out damaging our friendship should he not feel the same anymore.

I would go out & lay everything out on the table regarding your feelings towards your best friend. I was in a similar situation years ago, where I realized I was in love with my best friend & she realized it too, the timing was never right for either of us & we were both afraid of ruining what we had between each other. Only when she got engaged is when we both spilled everything out to each other on our real feelings, now we can only wish that one of had a spine many yaers ago & said something. You see you only will wish that you had said something, if your are truly best friends, then this will only bring you closer.

My best friend is a wonderful man, and I regret that I didn't see it sooner. When I met him, I was having an affair with a real jerk, they were freinds and later roommates, so he was witness to this bad relationship. I borrowed his shoulder to cry on more than once. I thought I was in love with this man and the relationship lasted three years. I moved to the same city he lives in now to finish school. The final break up was eight months ago, but in truth, the relationship was over long before then. Before I moved, my best friend were out drinking and he told me he loved me. I have not forgotten that in two years. I have grown up a lot since my last relationship and my father's heart attack six month's ago has given me a different outlook on life. I want this man to be more than just my friend, and I don't know how to tell him so before he moves off to his new job, putting even more physical distance between us. But I don't want him to feel like a target of rebound either, because I don't think he believes that I am over this other man. How do I approach him about it with out damaging our friendship should he not feel the same anymore.
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in a relationship and engaged. but have moved out and and moved in with my bestfriend. I know he is in love with me, and I know that he cares about me and my kids. I love him but am not sexualy attracted to him, so it dont feel like real love. I wish I could put the two together then I would be happy. My boyfriend gives me no emotional support but my friend does. I run to my friend every time me and my boyfriend has a fight. I have good times with my friend, and have asked him if i could list him as nexted of kin for my doctors. I have also asked him if anything happened to me if he would take care of my children. Why then do I keep going back to my boyfriend and hurting my friend? Maybe we can help each other.