UGH...christmas gifts...

Christina

I've been going with this guy for 7 months, we are both 16. He got me a really expensive necklace for my b-day in June and i just got him some dinky stuff for his birthday in september... i want to make it up to him this christmas by getting him something special and "substancial". We are pretty serious and looking towards marriage in the future. I was thinking about a 10k white gold band ring with my name or something engraved on the inside, trouble is i cant seem to find what i am looking for. I have scowered the web and only found one or two decent things...so if anyone could give me some advice on a nice men's jewelry place or on a different gift please, Please reply! I cant get him something dinky for Christmas too, knowing he will probably go "out of his way" to do something special for me.. so whatever advice you have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey girl, i'm 17 and i know how you feel. Here's what i did for my honey...He had wanted a ring for a while so i took him to the mall on the pretense of my needing to shop and that he may as well look for one. and had him look at rings that he liked (i helped a little of course), once he picked out the one he truly loved, i told him i wanted to buy it for him. This way i knew he really loved it and that it was the one he wanted 'cause he didn't know i was going to buy it for him until he had picked it out. Make sense?

He ended up with a beautiful White Gold ring that he really wanted, and i got to give him a gift that i knew he loved. What could be better? Best of luck!

oh yeah- go ahead and check out jewlery stores in your local mall. But make sure you go to one that's having a sale (at least half off)... they're all WAY overpriced.