my insecure boyfriend makes me cry

sad girl

Hi. My very sweet boyfriend appears so confident and happy, but I think he doesn't really like himself so much. He accuses me of liking myself too much. It's true I do like myself, but I think he thinks it's artificial.

Anyway, if affects our relationship b/c he tries to bring me down with him (not intentionally). His words hurt me and I cry a lot. And in bed, we're awful. We're both sexy people, never had problems before, but we can't get comfortable.

We enjoy kissing, snuggling, cuddling and being intimate without S-E-X. I like him so much and want him to be happy and secure. I just don't get turned on by him and I think it's because I feel if he doesn't like himself enough, how can he ever like me so much? I want to feel treasured.

I don't believe it's my responsibility to do all the work to bring him to a point where he likes himself as much as I like myself. Has anyone been in this kind of a situation before? What did you do?

i think what you have to do is explain to him that he is bringing you down. It is increadably unfair on you. You can't love someone else if you can't even love yourself. You can help him to feel better about himself through little things like occasional comments, but you're right when you say it is not all your responsibility to do everything. I can see that you care for him a lot, so why not tell him that he's bringing you down. Its not fair on either of you to put up with it. Do you really want to be with the person who should love you most of all, but makes you cry all the time and (i know its not everything) can't turn you on in bed? I can only say this from my experience though, and you and your partner are the only ones who can sort this out. Best of Luck!!!

Hi. My very sweet boyfriend appears so confident and happy, but I think he doesn't really like himself so much. He accuses me of liking myself too much. It's true I do like myself, but I think he thinks it's artificial. Anyway, if affects our relationship b/c he tries to bring me down with him (not intentionally). His words hurt me and I cry a lot. And in bed, we're awful. We're both sexy people, never had problems before, but we can't get comfortable.

We enjoy kissing, snuggling, cuddling and being intimate without S-E-X. I like him so much and want him to be happy and secure. I just don't get turned on by him and I think it's because I feel if he doesn't like himself enough, how can he ever like me so much? I want to feel treasured.

I don't believe it's my responsibility to do all the work to bring him to a point where he likes himself as much as I like myself. Has anyone been in this kind of a situation before? What did you do?