Dilema

Billy

I have a girl I'm talking to right now, and she lives in Kentucky.

Right now I'm in D.C. in the Army, but I'm getting kicked out.

Her name is Shannon, she has a 2 year old daughter, and

is in the middle of a divorce. She's 21 and I will be 20 in Nov.

A couple of weeks ago I told her how much I cared about her,

and really opened up to her. Then I drove ten hours to see

her in Kentucky. I got down there and her grandfather had a

heartattack the next day. She had to fly to Penn. ever since then

she has not been calling me saying that she has alot to deal

with right now, and that talking on the phone was not that important

for her. She says she wants me to keep calling her but she

doesn't call me when I feel she should. I'm going to be out

of the army in about a month, and I had thought about going

to get an aprt. with her. Should I be more understanding

and accept that she has a lot of things going on right now,

or just move home and forget about her.

I am not sure how long you have known her but, considering she isnt even divorced yet, and even if she was, it takes some time to get on with your life and then the death in the family, I am sure she means what she said. She probably is very interested in persuing something with you but, doesn't want to jump into anything for both your sakes, immediately.

She will need time to nurture her feelings and do some healing on her own. Do not stop all contact but, also don't put your life on hold. You could continue to see if something developes but take it slow-I can't emphasize that more. You should still date and keep your options open (don't set yourself up for hurt if you don't know how sure she is over the past)because you don't know when she will be ready to be serious the timing could be wrong-then again you never know-it could work out if you are tactful.

I have a girl I'm talking to right now, and she lives in Kentucky. Right now I'm in D.C. in the Army, but I'm getting kicked out. Her name is Shannon, she has a 2 year old daughter, and is in the middle of a divorce. She's 21 and I will be 20 in Nov. A couple of weeks ago I told her how much I cared about her, and really opened up to her. Then I drove ten hours to see her in Kentucky. I got down there and her grandfather had a heartattack the next day. She had to fly to Penn. ever since then she has not been calling me saying that she has alot to deal with right now, and that talking on the phone was not that important for her. She says she wants me to keep calling her but she doesn't call me when I feel she should. I'm going to be out of the army in about a month, and I had thought about going to get an aprt. with her. Should I be more understanding and accept that she has a lot of things going on right now, or just move home and forget about her.

Thanks alot, it is always nice to get the incite of

another woman

I am not sure how long you have known her but, considering she isnt even divorced yet, and even if she was, it takes some time to get on with your life and then the death in the family, I am sure she means what she said. She probably is very interested in persuing something with you but, doesn't want to jump into anything for both your sakes, immediately. She will need time to nurture her feelings and do some healing on her own. Do not stop all contact but, also don't put your life on hold. You could continue to see if something developes but take it slow-I can't emphasize that more. You should still date and keep your options open (don't set yourself up for hurt if you don't know how sure she is over the past)because you don't know when she will be ready to be serious the timing could be wrong-then again you never know-it could work out if you are tactful.