# of Partners

Cynthia

I recently began dating a new man..he's very loving and attentive and pretty much the man of my dreams. The thing is, although we have had sex and it's always been protected to the utmost degree, we haven't discussed how many people we've been with (respectively).

I've asked bunches of my friends and they all have varying opinions. Some say, don't ask, don't tell...as long as you use a condom. Some say, if you're having sex, you should be completely open about your history.

I just wanted to see what other people outside my circle of friends had to say about "the question."

C. :)

Wondering Wanda

I, personally, see nothing wrong with asking the question. You don't necessarily have to have dates, times, names and all the details but protecting yourself and him is very important and it sounds like you're already on the right track. Perhaps over a nice romantic dinner you could gently approach the question of both of being tested?? Do you feel he would be offended by this?? It's worth checking out....

Hi Cynthia,

I feel you are doing the right thing. You do not know

who he has been in bed with. So play it safe until you

know him better. If it gets serious, then there is no

reason that you both cannot be tested.

I liked your response to Marie. Shows you have some good

common sense. This guy is lucky, hope he appreciates you.

Jim

I recently began dating a new man..he's very loving and attentive and pretty much the man of my dreams. The thing is, although we have had sex and it's always been protected to the utmost degree, we haven't discussed how many people we've been with (respectively). I've asked bunches of my friends and they all have varying opinions. Some say, don't ask, don't tell...as long as you use a condom. Some say, if you're having sex, you should be completely open about your history. I just wanted to see what other people outside my circle of friends had to say about "the question." C. :)