Continue friendship?

Bert, the friend I have developed feelings for, seems to be acting like a "man" now. Probably I'm becoming paranoid because I view him in a different way, but it's becoming difficult for me to stand. I can't wait for him to call and I think about him all day. He used to be very prompt at calling me back but now he doesn't call even when he says he will. I know this is a classic symptom of a man acting like he's not interested in me, but Bert and I have a friendship that I thought was built on a strong foundation. If he sensed something and is acting distant, I don't see the point of maintaining friendhship with him. I fear that he will reject me like a "guy" so I feel that I should sustain every contact with him. Am I acting a bit too sensitive, or should I totally stop being friends with him?

Don't stop being a friend. I guess you can chill out for a while and see how he reacts, but don't ever stop being a friend to him. If you care about him that much, why give up?

Good luck!

I'm so afraid that I will lose him as a friend once he knows my feelings for him. I don't want to take that chance and it's killing me to just stay friends with him at the same time. I feel that if I just retreive from him, everything will be OK and my life will be less confusing...like before I knew him. I don't know...has anybody succeded in becoming lovers after friendship?