How to make the first move

Christie

I'm attracted to a guy who's in my class but the problem is...I'm his TA. We've talked a few times and whenever he leaves my office, he shakes my hand, which seems rather odd because I don't act "official" at all.

Is there a possibility that he's interested in me? Even if he is, it seems like he would have a hard time approaching me since I'm his TA, wouldn't he? Any advice guys?

Here's a little advice from a person who's also a TA.

If you really do have feelings for him, you have to let him know that you are not trying to be that kind of "official" type. Tell him that you wanted to be treated like how he would treat his friends, and that you dont want to be treated like a superior just because you're a TA.

I'm attracted to a guy who's in my class but the problem is...I'm his TA. We've talked a few times and whenever he leaves my office, he shakes my hand, which seems rather odd because I don't act "official" at all. Is there a possibility that he's interested in me? Even if he is, it seems like he would have a hard time approaching me since I'm his TA, wouldn't he? Any advice guys?

hehe...the email address from above is wrong...if u want, u can reply to the one listed above.

Here's a little advice from a person who's also a TA. If you really do have feelings for him, you have to let him know that you are not trying to be that kind of "official" type. Tell him that you wanted to be treated like how he would treat his friends, and that you dont want to be treated like a superior just because you're a TA.

This situation is kind of vague. Is there a significant age difference? Just what degree of power do you have? Is this a college situation?

You've got to consider how your position affects what he does. I can't make any call either way whether or not he is interested in you based on that short description. It may be best for you to simply wait until the class ends and then pursue him. Put some more thought into how everything interacts.