proposal

Muffinbutt

I'm thinking about asking my girlfriend to marry me. Does anyone have any romantic proposal ideas?

Dear Muffinbutt (smirk),

Well... once you get past the "thinking" part and actually decide to propose to your girlfriend, there are literally millions of ways to go about it. Romance doesn't have to be grandose or extravegant -- a simple moonlight stroll would do it after an enchanting evening of just being together. Because after all, you are proposing that she be with you for life. As far as being romantic and memorable to the two of you (it will always be memorable no matter what) that's something that you need to take into consideration yourself. Only you know about the little intricasies of your relationship with this woman and what you enjoy to do together, etc. Make it special to the both of you so that you both can cherish and celebrate that moment through the ages. This is a lifelong commitment you're making and you want to be ready for that. I hope you've given this a lot of thought and perhaps even discussed the possibility with her, not that that is a requirement by any means, but you want to at least have a sense that she feels the same way about you. No matter how far out you go with proposing to her, she has to want it in order to say "yes." If that's your concern, then you have another problem altogether. If you really sit down and think about it, the proposal itself is what makes the moment unforgettable. If she loves you and cherishes you just as you do to her, then no matter what you say or do or how you say or do it, that moment will always be special in your hearts. It's the act and the symbols that it represents -- that the whole institution of marriage represents -- that makes it a truly beautiful moment. Be creative. Find something that means something to the both of you. Perhaps where you first met... where you first kissed... recreate a special dinner you once had together at a favorite restaurant -- the possibilities are endless. But no matter what, be sure you're intentions are what they should be and be sure your heart is in the right place. Don't rush into something you're not ready for. Be aware of your feelings and hers. This is, after all, going to be the beginning of something great and the symbol of your souls united forever. Best wishes to you and success in life.

Yours,

LoveAngel