Wondering if I should stick around

Tazina

I'm in a relationship and I really love him. The thing is he left for a 2 week period and when he came back he was loving and kind. Now he has changed. He has become a jerk. He sometimes will take me somewhere and then leave and say i'll be back. Then he wants me to be with him all the time..he is sending me mixed signals. One minute he wants me around next he dosen't. He is sweet and kind but he just seems like he dosen't want to get close to me..I don't know what to do...It hurts me when he acts like this..When we are away from each other a long time, he will be loving. but sometimes he just expect me to be there. What do you think??

I'm in a relationship and I really love him. The thing is he left for a 2 week period and when he came back he was loving and kind. Now he has changed. He has become a jerk. He sometimes will take me somewhere and then leave and say i'll be back. Then he wants me to be with him all the time..he is sending me mixed signals. One minute he wants me around next he dosen't. He is sweet and kind but he just seems like he dosen't want to get close to me..I don't know what to do...It hurts me when he acts like this..When we are away from each other a long time, he will be loving. but sometimes he just expect me to be there. What do you think??

Tazina,

Lack of communication can take a real toll on any relationship and it sounds like that's where the problem lies here.

I believe the best way to handle it is to tell him how his behavior is hurtng you - without accusing him of being neglectful (that would only put him on the defensive and get you nowhere).

There could be many reasons for his behavior, ie. pressure at work or school, trouble with his family, or maybe he's even a little worried about how commited he is to your relationship and feeling a little smothered....In any case let him work through it - don't pressure him - He'll tell you when he's ready.

And take heart, it's probably not as bad as you are imagining. Have faith; it sounds like he really does care for you. :)

All my Hopes,

LadyMaige ;Þ

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to disagree with LadyMaige on this one. It sounds to me like this guy has some big problems and needs you there to give him any sense of being, or he can't handle the idea of you being able to be away from him and doing fine. Either way it's a deal with insecurity. So with the sweetness.... either he's doing it so he can tell himself "look at what i do for her", or he's doing it to tell himself "hey, i can keep her with me". Hopefully LadyMaige is right, but if not, hopefully you can find away around his insecurities.

Erick Draven

Synergy Productions

[sYn] 1998