Is love destroyed?

After being stuck in a loveless marriage, I met the woman of my dreams. I really discovered what it felt like to be in love. Unfortuantely, I was just a crutch for her during her divorice. We lived 500 miles apart and saw each other once a month, but talked and mailed daily.

In short, she was having more fun being free and hurt me deeply. Now, one year later I still do not trust women or love. I get lots of offers for "fix-ups" or dates, but I cannot let myself get any closer to a woman other than basic friends.

Paul

After being stuck in a loveless marriage, I met the woman of my dreams. I really discovered what it felt like to be in love. Unfortuantely, I was just a crutch for her during her divorice. We lived 500 miles apart and saw each other once a month, but talked and mailed daily.

In short, she was having more fun being free and hurt me deeply. Now, one year later I still do not trust women or love. I get lots of offers for "fix-ups" or dates, but I cannot let myself get any closer to a woman other than basic friends.

Paul,

Don't dispair, love is not destroyed...it just feels like it right now.

Loss of love, especially a deep one, requires a mourning period - for some, it's a week, for others, much, much longer. It's healthy.

Dating can be a good way to build up your self-esteem and get back into the groove of life. So, go out! Have a good time! Don't worry about being "more than friends" right now. You'll know when you're ready. Don't put pressure on yourself to find love again, it will come to you when the time is right.

All my Hopes,

LadyMaige ;Þ

• 2 weeks later...

Love destroyed? No way Jose! :)

Not every date has to end up in a long relationship and marriage. Just tell yourself that dating is just a good way to spend time with someone, having fun. It's just like hanging out with your friends. I mean, what's the difference between a girlfriend, and a good friend that is a woman? Not alot really. Maybe the physical aspect, and the psychological idea that something desires you, more than the way a friend desires friendship. If you quit placing so much stress on dating, expecting it to be so much, you'll make new friends, and then realize when you meet the girl for you. Best of luck.

Erick Draven

Synergy Productions

[sYn] 1998